50 ↴ Facetime + IRL

"Are you insane? Of course I think you should do it!"

Olivia's eyes were wide as she practically shouted her words, the screen shaking considerably due to her excitement.

After having received an email from Entertainment Weekly about them wanting to interview her, as well putting her on the cover, Briar hadn't known what to do next. She hadn't done an interview in years, and had never done a photo shoot.

So, she decided to facetime the one person who had the most experience in that department.

Olivia almost screamed when her best friend had told her the news, pure joy filling her, but she knew that Briar would be uncertain and would most likely need a kick up the butt to get her to say yes. Olivia was determined to be that kick up the butt.

Briar sighed loudly from her spot on Tom's couch. She was currently in his trailer — she hung out there most of the time to do her work now — and the aforementioned star was currently finishing his final scene for the day. "I don't know, Liv. You know I prefer to be behind the camera."

"Don't you dare use that as an excuse!" Olivia tutted loudly, shaking her head and causing her fiery hair to bounce around her. It was still curled to perfection from the photo shoot she had just finished. Briar could still hear and see people in the background. "This is an amazing opportunity and I won't watch as you let it slip through your fingers! They said it's only a small part, just about your job, yeah? What's so hard about that?"

Briar groaned, chewing on her bottom lip. She knew her best friend was right, and part of her really, really wanted to do the interview, but she was there to help Tom and couldn't help but feel guilty at the possibility of leaving him. "I don't know..."

The door to Tom's trailer swung open suddenly and Tom stepped inside. He was dressed as Peter Parker, in a button up and navy sweater, and he looked adorable. He grinned at Briar, pulling the door closed behind him. "What don't you know?"

"Is that Tom? Tom!" Olivia began yelling through the phone and Briar cringed, jamming a hand over her phone to muffle the sound.

Tom plopped down next to Briar, their arms brushing, and leaned over Briar's shoulder. He squinted a bit but smiled when he spotted Olivia. "Hey, Olivia! What's up?"

"Briar got an offer to do an interview and a photo shoot!" Olivia yelled through the phone, but it was muffled. Tom frowned, not understanding, and looked to Briar for confirmation.

"Entertainment Weekly emailed me, wanting to do an interview and a small photo shoot. I said no because I thought they were asking for you and you're too busy here, finishing up before we head to Berlin, but it turns out they wanted to interview me."

Tom's eyes widened and a grin reappeared on his lips. He threw an arm around Briar and pulled her close in a hug. Olivia watched with slightly parted lips. "Bri, that's amazing! Why do you sound unsure?"

"She hasn't done an interview in ages!" Olivia said, and Briar removed her hand so she and Tom could hear her more clearly. "She's scared because she hasn't done one for so long."

"No," Briar objected. "My job is to help Tom and I don't see how me taking a few hours off to do an interview does that."

Tom shrugged. "I don't mind. I think you should do it!"

"Thank you!" Olivia exclaimed. She looked to Briar expectantly. "Well?"

"You said so yourself, it would only be a few hours." Tom added, his eyes glinting with pride as he rested his arm comfortably around Briar's shoulders.

Briar went silent but the expectant looks she was receiving from Olivia and Tom proved too much. "Okay, okay! I'll do it!"

Olivia let out a squeal and the screen went blurry as she expressed her excitement. Tom chuckled at Briar's best friend, seeing why Harrison would be so hooked on her, and pulled Briar close. He squeezed her shoulder comfortingly. "I can come with you, if you want? Think of it as Spoiler Support, except there's no way you'd ever spoil anything."

Briar smiled, her features softening. "I would love that. Thank you."

The pair were interrupted as Olivia let out a long whine on the other end. "Stop being so cute! That's mine and Harrison's job!"

Tom laughed and removed his arm from around Briar. Olivia noted the way Briar's features fell — she could read Briar's emotions like a book — and she raised an eyebrow as the woman. Briar stared back defensively.

"So, when are you coming to set?" Tom asked, completely missing the action between the two women. He was pulling his sweater over his head and revealed the button up underneath, ruffling his hair in the process and causing it to stick up. Briar resisted the urge to run her fingers through it.

"Soon, I hope! Is it still a secret?"

"Oh, yeah. Haz has no idea."