65 ↴ IRL

The roads were empty as the two cars full of excited, young adults pulled out of the hotel's carpark and took off down the road. It was the hotel that Olivia was staying at, and the girls had been planning to paint each other's nails and watch movies when Briar had received an ominous text from Tom that read "look outside ;)".

Upon peering out of the window, Briar spotted the four boys waving at her from the carpark below. No doubt it had been Harrison that had showed them the way, but Briar was surprised to see Tom in the driver's seat. With a flushed face, she looked over her shoulder at the confused girls behind her and told them what she could see.

Almost immediately, the four girls were ditching their plans and heading downstairs, carefree of the fact that they were all wearing sweats and their hair was loose. They were careful to not be too loud as they descended — it wouldn't be useful if Olivia got kicked out halfway through her stay — and spilled out of the lobby and into the cool night. The seasons were changing, and it was beginning to cool down, and yet Briar spotted Tom wearing a sleeveless shirt. The streetlight he had parked under illuminated his arms and Briar tried not to look too closely.

Harrison pulled Olivia close and she planted a kiss on his cheek. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Crashing your girls night, obviously." Tony snorted, his body half out of the car and a shit—eating grin on his face.

Zendaya rolled her eyes and tucked a loose strand of curly hair behind her ear. "Obviously. What are we going to do now?"

Tom was sitting comfortably on the hood of the car, looking charming in a simple cap, and he was smiling warmly at Briar. She looked gorgeous — as usual — in her simple black sweats and her hair was beginning to regain its natural waviness. Briar smiled widely at Tom and instinctively moved closer, tucking her hands under her armpits. She could feel the heat radiating off of Tom and settled on the roof of the car hesitantly, subtly moving closer to him so she could warm up.

Tom noticed, and his heart rate quickened.

"We should get something to eat." Laura suggested, noticing the way Tom and Briar had settled close together. She couldn't keep the smile off her face as she continued. "Is everyone hungry?"

"Hell yes." Harrison nodded firmly, his arm comfortably wrapped around Olivia's shoulder.

She leaned into him, sharing a smile that contained a secret that only the two of them were aware of. It had been their plan to get the boys to 'crash' the night and that way, Tom and Briar could hang out in a more relaxed environment. Olivia was also acutely aware of the fact that Briar had never really had a rebellious teenager phase, having begun her job at such a young age, and so it was her one wish that she would help Briar do that whilst she was there.

That was how they had all ended up driving down the empty roads of Atlanta, the boys in one car and the girls in the other. Olivia and Harrison were in the passenger seats, both on speaker as they discussed where to go. Briar suggested a twenty-four hour diner that she was somewhat familiar with and everyone agreed happily.

The diner was a stand-alone building with a bright neon light that illuminated the carpark and everyone's faces as they got out. Harrison and Olivia led the way, followed closely by Tony, Jacob, Zendaya and Laura, leaving Tom and Briar to shuffle into the diner side by side. Their arms brushed together as they squeezed through the doorway and Briar struggled to ignore the way her skin tingled where it had met Tom's.