47 ↴ IRL

"So, you and Olivia, huh?"

Tom watched with a grin as his best friend stopped eating and looked at him, Harrison's eyes shooting daggers. It hadn't helped that Tom had asked the question with a teasing note to his voice.

"Maybe," Harrison shrugged, dropping the slice of pizza he had been plowing through onto the place. "She's so... different from other girls."

"Different in a good way or bad?"

"Good, definitely good." Harrison answered quickly, his lips quirking upwards. "She keeps me on my toes, you feel? There's always something new to learn about her. We talk, like, all the time."

Tom nodded, smiling widely. He was happy for Harrison; the boy hadn't had the best luck in the past, namely because girls only saw him as 'Tom Holland's best friend', and it was good to know that Olivia wasn't like that. "That's good, dude. I'm happy for you."

Harrison beamed at his friend. "Thank you." Falling silent, Harrison pondered his next question for a few moments, knowing it wouldn't be the easiest topic for Tom. Carefully, he asked, "What about you and Briar? How's that going?"

Tom shrugged and began chewing on the inside of his cheek, an expression of his face that suggested it was not going well at all. "It's... going. I'm angry at myself because she's my assistant, and it's unprofessional and the last thing I want to do is damage her career. But it's just so hard, Haz. She's incredibly smart and down to earth and she's amazing at her job, and if anything that makes me like her more. Not to mention she's stunning, without even having to try."

Harrison watched his best friend, a heavy feeling in his heart as he saw the way Tom's brows pulled down, his lips twisting in a frown. He clapped Tom on the shoulder, squeezing encouragingly before speaking. "You'll figure it out, Tom. You never know, she might feel the same way."

Tom appreciated his friend's words but knew he was wrong. "No, I know she doesn't. She has this rule, never get attached to clients."

"You're not just a client, not anymore." Harrison rebutted. "You're her friend, and I've seen how you two get when you're together. Look at it this way, we're not even half way through filming yet. You still have like, seven months of filming with her plus the press tour and premiere. You have plenty of time."

It's not enough, Tom thought.