3 ↴ IRL

Briar smiled to herself as she read through the comments of her latest Instagram post, her heart swelling with pride.

She truly loved her job and, whilst it could be challenging and fast-packed at times, it was worth it. She had been working for Marvel and its celebrity stars for almost five years now and when she looked back upon the memories and friends she had made, she couldn't think of a better job. At times, it still didn't feel real... like Marvel calling her their favourite assistant.

Of course, she had put in a lot of hard work to get where she was, but it felt good to be rewarded.

Setting her phone down on the kitchen counter she was leaning against, Briar began preparing her lunch. It was just a simple toss salad and didn't take very long at all to make, and Briar chose to sit outside on her balcony to eat. She loved everything about nature and being outdoors, and loved the small balcony that was attached to her apartment.

She made sure to bring her work phone with her – it was extremely important when it came to work – as she was awaiting an email from Marvel that would tell her which celebrity she would be assisting next. So far, she had assisted quite the variety of Marvel's actors: Tom Hiddleston, Robert Downey Junior, Christ Pratt, Chris Evans and the most recent being Sebastian Stan, and they had all been extremely polite and easy to work with.

Whilst a tiny part of her was hoping that she would finally be assigned to Chris Hemsworth – they had met on the set of the first Avengers back in 2011 when she was assisting Tom Hiddleston and the pair had bonded over their Australian background despite their busy schedules. However, Briar knew that she would be happy with whoever Marvel gave her.

Over the years, the members of the various casts had all warmed up to her nicely and she was extremely grateful for that. Being an assistant could be very difficult at times, and working with something you didn't get along with only made things harder, for both the actor and assistant.

Briar finished her salad and quickly washed the bowl and fork up, leaving them to dry. It was something she had picked up on after being an assistant for so long: never leave something to do later that could be done then and there.

The woman was just about to sit down and watch some television when her phone dinged, a notification for an email appearing. It had Briar rushing over to her phone rather ungracefully and snatching it tightly in her hand. Opening the email, Briar read through its contents and frowned slightly when she read the name printed in bold at the bottom, not recognising it immediately.

TOM HOLLAND.