82 ↴ News Article

#REMEMBERRION

After celebrity assistant Briar Cohen released a heartfelt tweet with a link attached to an old news article, her fans have been working on overdrive to ensure that her words reach far and wide.

Within an hour of being tweeted, the message had over 400 thousand retweets. This morning, eight days later, that number has since quadrupled. The hashtag #RememberRion has also made its way to one of the most trending topics for 6 days now and doesn't look like it will be disappearing anytime soon.

Rion Cohen — kid brother to Briar Cohen — was brutally beaten at a house party several years ago because of his sexuality and left to die. He was rushed to hospital and, after a brave battle, was later taken off of life support.

We all know Miss Cohen as Marvel's top assistant and therefore cool, calm and collected, but her most recent tweet showed a side to her that she has not bared often. In the past, Miss Cohen has made her opinions on gay marriage and the LGBTIQ+ community very clear (she supports them wholeheartedly!) but her recent tweet has made it clear why.

Miss Cohen made it evident that she wants to work towards a future where what happened to Rion never happens again — a future where children can feel safe about their sexuality and where they don't face the danger of being a victim of hate crimes. Hence, #RememberRion was born.

The tweet was released just after Tom Holland posted a photo of Miss Cohen, finishing his endearing caption with a red heart. Briar remained silent on the topic, until recently posting a phone of Mr Holland himself as they made their way back home from Berlin to The United States, confirming their relationship.

The now-couple have been a hot topic of gossip for the last few months now, but we would like to take a second to congratulate them on their relationship, and wish them all the best.