6 ↴ IRL

"Briar Cohen..." Tom mumbled, his features turned in a soft frown. He could have sworn he knew the name from somewhere but he couldn't remember where exactly, and it was slightly annoying.

He was currently in the living room of his mother's house, and he had been watching television before his phone buzzed with a notification. It wasn't a familiar sound, and had him reaching for his phone quickly with curiosity thick in his mind.

It was an email — and a rather formal one at that. He had been stunned when he read its contents, learning that he now officially had an assistant. He'd never had one before, and he wasn't too sure what to do.

Briar — or Miss Cohen, because in all truth he didn't know what to call her — had already impressed him by booking flights for both him and his friend, Harrison Osterfield, and rather quickly, too.

As if being summoned, Harrison strolled into the room and found Tom frowning as he stared at his phone screen. Quirking an eyebrow, Harrison threw himself down next to his best friend and leaned over, inspecting Tom's phone screen but finding nothing interesting. Only an open email.

"You right, mate?" Harrison asked. "You look really confused."

"I just got an email from my new assistant, Briar Cohen, and I feel like I know that name." Tom replied in a mumble, the show on the television now long forgotten.

Harrison's eyes bulged and he snatched Tom's phone, his mouth falling open as he ignored Tom's cries to give it back. "Shit, mate, are you serious? I can't believe you've got an assistant! But, how do you not know who Briar Cohen is?"

Harrison's voice was filled with disbelief as Tom finally grabbed his phone back. He shrugged. "I didn't say that, I said I didn't recognise her name. She sounds familiar."

"She should! She's like Marvel's queen assistant — she's worked with Robert Downey Junior, Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan and more! I can't believe she got stuck with you." Harrison snickered, and Tom punched him playfully despite suddenly feeling very intimidated. "Bring up her Instagram! You'll see what I'm talking about." Harrison added.

"I don't know if it's very professional for me to be stalking my assistant, Haz."

"You're not stalking! God, you're such a flake. I'll do it." Harrison rolled his eyes, pulling his phone out of his pocket and opening the social media app. Typing in Briar's name, he clicked on her profile and held it up to Tom's face smugly. "See?"

Tom took Harrison's phone in his hands, eyes narrowing as he scrolled through the woman's posts. So far, every post he had seen had been liked and commented on by the Marvel cast. On her latest post, Marvel Studios had even called her their favourite assistant. On top of that, the woman was stunning... in a scarily professional way. Every photo looked calculated and precise.

His eyes were wide as he handed Harrison his phone back, his palms slightly sweaty. Harrison snickered at the expression on Tom's face. "Feeling a bit intimidated, are we?"

"A bit," Tom admitted, opening the app on his own phone. He scrolled through Briar's photos slowly, noting how friendly she seemed with the Marvel cast.

"I would be, too, if my assistant was better friends with my cast mates than I was." Harrison joked, stopping on a photo of Briar's that had another woman in it. She had fiery red hair. He tapped on her account and was shocked at how beautiful the woman was.

Tom ignored the jab, his finger hovering over the 'follow' button on Briar's account. Would it be weird if he followed his assistant after only finding out about her minutes ago? "Would it be creepy if I followed her?"

"Nah, mate." Harrison shook his head as he followed the woman called Olivia Jewel. "Just do it."

So Tom did.

ϟ

tomholland2013 started following bcohen!

bcohen started following tomholland2013!