78 ↴ News Article + Twitter

YOUNG BOY BRUTALLY BEATEN AT HOUSE PARTY DIES.
December 9th, 2009.

Earlier this week, a house party just south of Brisbane, Queensland, was shut down by emergency services after they were called to investigate a series of terrified voicemails left by one of the partygoers to his older sister.

Police officers and paramedics arrived on the scene to find the badly beaten body of sixteen year old Rion Cohen in the backyard, and later arrested three teenagers on account of premeditated manslaughter. Cohen was rushed to hospital, where he was joined by his family and placed under an induced coma in attempts to better his quality of life.

The voicemails — which were refused to be shared and later deleted — apparently entailed the young boy in a hysteric state whilst trying to hide from three boys in a bathroom. Cohen's older sister has stated that she could hear them 'spewing homophobic slurs', even going as far as to say they would "beat the fag out of him". She later confessed that Cohen had been having trouble at school with bullying, but she never imagined it going so far.

After only 14 hours in the coma, Cohen was forced onto life support after the trauma sustained during the beating caused his organs to begin shutting down. His family made the hard decision to turn off life support late last night, and have since begun funeral preparations.

Cohen was described as a bright, welcoming person and was known to be quite the comedian around his family. He enjoyed art, English and surfing.

The three teenagers, whose names will not be publicised, were found guilty of premeditated manslaughter as well as committing a hate crime and were all sentenced to life in prison with no possibility for parole.

ϟ

Briar Cohen | Bri_Coh:
I know I've been very inactive lately and people have been asking questions, but I just needed some time to get over some stuff. I'm back now, and I urge everyone to please give this article a read when they have the chance. It means a lot to me, and I want to help raise awareness so it never happens again.
LINKED: Young Boy Brutally Beaten At House Party Dies.
406K FAVOURITES | 396K RETWEETS

Comments disabled.