31 ↴ IRL

"And, scene!"

Briar watched as Tom jogged out of the stunt he had just performed, tugging his mask off of his face and causing his curls to stick up. There was a grin on his face as he did so — he truly loved his job and that made Briar smile. Spotting Briar off to the side, Tom was feeling extra cheeky and so he pulled a face at the woman. Her smile widened and Tom was acutely aware of how his heart flopped.

"How are you?" He asked, coming to stand next to her. After their late chat last night, both of them had been looking forward to the day ahead.

"I should be asking you that same question."  Briar replied. "You're the movie star; you need all the sleep you can get."

Tom chuckled, running a hand through his curls to try and get them to sit nicely. They bounced back into their previous position defiantly. "You're the movie star's assistant, Bri. You need sleep too."

Briar tilted her head, a small smile on her lips. "'Bri'?"

"Is that okay? Can I call you that?" Tom asked, suddenly unsure of himself. Tom had been thinking about the nickname for a few days now, but had never found the right time to use it. He hoped now was that time.

"That's unlocked at friendship level three." Briar joked. Tom's bright mood was contagious.

"Does that mean I'm a level three friend now?" Tom's eyes flashed with mischief at their inside joke. It made him feel giddy, having an inside joke between them.

Briar only shrugged in response, a mischievous look in her eyes. It made her look younger. Tom still struggled to believe she was twenty-four. Briar shifted a folder in her arms, pulling out some information about the talk show and what they would most likely cover — relationships, partners, gossip; the stuff that didn't relate to the film at all and yet people seemed to want to know about more.

"Now, morning talk shows are all about giving the audience their daily dose of gossip. So, the topics will most likely be personal. Try and steer your answers so you're talking about the movie, yeah?"

Tom nodded. "I'll try my best. But... I'd do better if you were there."

Briar's features twisted into shock. "Me?"

"Yeah, to help me say the right stuff." Tom back-pedalled quickly, heat flaming his cheeks. "We both know I'm not the best with spoilers and stuff, but I think I'd do better if you were off to the side. Call it... 'spoiler support'...?"

Briar was quiet for a few moments, thinking Tom's question over. It was true that he didn't have the safest lips when it came to Marvel, but he had proved that he could look after himself in the last interview. Briar didn't know how useful she would be standing off to the side, and was thinking she probably shouldn't go, but before she could say that she was already offering Tom a response.

"Sure, why not?"

I'm back y'all