27 ↴ IRL

Briar's heart was almost racing as fast as she was; a morning talk show had just rung her and was begging that Tom be on their show in two days, but Tom was nowhere to be found. Usually Briar would have declined on behalf of Tom, but she knew how much he enjoyed doing interviews.

Weaving her way through an ocean of people as busy as she was, her phone clutched in her hand with the morning talk show representative on hold, Briar searched desperately for the signature red and blue Spidey suit. She flew past Jacob and Tony, who had been deep in conversation until they spotted Briar with a frantic look in her eyes. They watched her melt into the crowd with confused expressions.

Finally, Briar spotted Tom next to the snacks bar. A hoodie was thrown loosely around his shoulders and his hair was a mess from the amount of times he had had to pull his mask off. His lips were pushed out as his eyes roamed the table; not really hungry, but kind of peckish.

"Tom!" Briar breathed out in relief, coming to stand next to him.

Tom looked at Briar and was surprised to see how flushed she was. Her cheeks were tinted pink and she was breathing heavily. The food next to him was forgotten as he laid a hand on her shoulder, his brows furrowed in concern as he spoke, "Is everything okay? Are you alright?"

Briar nodded, taking a deep breath and forcing herself to calm down. Tom's hand was cool on her shoulder. "Yes... I'm fine. I have a talk show on the phone that want you on their show in two days. Normally, I would have said no but I thought I better ask you first."

Tom smiled widely, appreciative of the gesture. He nodded. "Sure, I'll do it. I have the morning off anyway, but I need to be back on set by one."

"Done and done." Briar nodded, relieved. She took the representative off of hold and quickly relayed the information. The representative was ecstatic, and told her to wish Tom the best. Briar tucked her work phone away and realised that Tom's hand was still on her shoulder and he was still watching her with a smile. Even with being younger than her, he was still taller.

A few moments passed between the two before Briar's phone began ringing shrilly. She flashed Tom a smile before lifting the phone to her ear and walking away, Tom's hand falling to his side. He watched her leave.

"You're whipped, dude."

Tom looked over his shoulder in alarm, spotting Tony with a smug smirk on his lips. The headphones he was using as a prop were around his neck casually.

"No, I'm not." Tom denied, a confused expression covering his face. He tucked his hands into his hoodie. "She's my assistant."

"Like that's ever stopped anyone." Tony snorted, shaking his head.

"I just want to be her friend." Tom protested, but his heart race was quickening. "It'd be easier for both Briar and I to work together if we were friends."

Tony snorted. "Okay, sure."