Chapter 21

The next day, Brady, Boomer, Boz, and Lilly, we're all talking in the throne room while Mikayla kept an eye on them from the steps by the kings' thrones.

"So how long have you lived with Marrah and her parents Lilly?" Boz asked.

"About two years. After Marrah and her mom found me unconscious on the beach, the queen decided they should bring me back to their castle. When I woke up I had amnesia, and since no one on the island knew who I was, they let me stay."

"Wow, that was really cool of them," Boomer added. "It's surprising how different she sounds from Marrah. Speaking of Marrah, what was it like living with her? Was it like have a mean older sister or something?"

"Oh, she's not that much older than me. I may not have remembered much when the Queen and Marrah rescued me, but I did remember my name and how old I was. I'm eighteen now and Marrah's nineteen."

"That's not what she told my dad," Mikayla thought. Then something else occurred to Mikayla. Lilly said she had only known Marrah and her family for two years, but when she was still on Silvain, Marrah had told her that she had known Lilly since she was eight. Something wasn't right. Mikayla decided she needed to do some investigating. While she still didn't really trust Lilly, though she did trust her more than she first did after hearing about her standing up for Boz, she felt like Marrah couldn't be trusted even more.

Just then Mikayla realized she was now alone in the throne room as the others had left while she was lost in thought. "Dang it. Well it's not like I could just ask Lilly anyways. If she was lying to the Kings, she'd just lie to me too." Mikayla sat there for a few more moments trying to decide who she could ask instead. Someone who she thought would be honest with. Then she had an idea.

She ran to her bedroom and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen to write a quick note. She packed a few things into an overnight bag and left the note on her bed for someone to find, then went to get a hot air balloon and head back to Silvain to talk to Brigid.