Chapter 3

Brady stood in the doorway of his and Boomer's old room. He stared at what used to be his side of the room, now cluttered with Boz's things. He sighed as Lilly walked up behind him. She put her hand on his shoulder.

"You okay?"

He sighed again. "Yeah, it's just a lot to take in. And I thought everyone else was going to be in for a surprise."

Boomer, Boz, and Mikayla walked up behind them, but stopped to listen in on the couple's conversation.

"Don't worry," Lilly said. "I'm sure it will all work out. And until they figure out the slooping arrangements, you and me can always camp out in a different room. And besides, since Boz is your brother, not to state the obvious or anything, but that means you're related. And if he's related to you, I'm sure he'll be a nice guy."

"Yeah, I'm sure you're right." He looked at her. "Just like you're right about everything else," he said jokingly.

"Hey, I'm not right about everything. I thought you were just a regular musician. A very good looking one, but still regular none the less."

"And I thought you were just a regular singer. A very beautiful one, but still regular."

She laughed. "But I am regular. There's nothing special about me."

Brady cupped her face with his hands and looked at her seriously. "Don't say that. You are way more than just a regular girl and I love you for it." Then he gave her a long, passionate kiss. Boomer and Mikayla's mouths dropped and Boz let out a whistle. Brady and Lilly turned around. "How long have you guys been standing there," Brady asked embarrassed.

"Long enough to see you kiss a pretty girl for the first time," Boomer said.

"Actually," Lilly said, "it's not the first time we've kissed," she said blushing.

"Even better. My brother has finally become a man. I just wish I had been there to see when it first happened."

"Don't worry bro, I plan on sticking around for a long time."

"And I'll stick around as long as Brady's here."

"So don't worry. I'm sure you'll have plenty of more chances to see us kiss."

Lilly blushed even deeper and buried her head in Brady's chest. Mikayla looked at her suspiciously. How could anyone be that close to Brady when he always smelled so bad. Just then she realized she didn't smell his usual odor. Mikayla was surprised. He must have showered. He never showered. He must really like this girl. But that wasn't good enough. She still didn't trust her. Even if Brady had changed some, there was no way he had changed enough for a girl like Lilly to really like him. She had to be up to something. And Mikayla was going to figure out what it was.