Chapter 18

About an hour later they ended up on the beach where they ran into Brady and Lilly.

"Marrah?" they both said in unison.

She smiled at them brightly. "Brady... Lilly."

Lilly ran up and hugged her, not noticing the stiffness in Marrah's body that was always there whenever she hugged her ever since they first met Brady.

"Hello," Marrah said giving a light squeeze back after a few moments.

"What are you doing here. Not that I'may not glad to see you, I'm just surprised."

"Well your new friend Mikayla, I assume you are friends..."

Lilly shrugged. "I'm not really sure."

"Interesting. Anyways, as I'm sure you know, she decided to visit Silvain. Well, she was a bit of an accident-"

"Is she okay," Lilly and Brady asked.

"Oh, she's fine. Just hit her head, slight concussion, nothing big. Anyways, I decided it wouldn't be wise for her to travel alone, so me and a couple of guards escorted her home."

"Well, I'm glad you're here, even if the reason isn't great. Come on. I want you to meet Brady's brothers." She looked at Brady. "That's okay, right?"

"Of course."

"Great!" She grabbed Marrah by the hand and dragged her towards the castle. Marrah reluctantly followed, looking back at both Brady and Masons. The one she couldn't have, and the one who was hard to get.