Chapter 16

"Daddy, wake up," Mikayla said shaking Mason awake.

"Mikayla? You're back? What time is it?" He looked over at the clock the kings had gotten him for his last birthday. "It's only four in the morning Mikayla! Couldn't you have waited to let me know you were home a little later?"

"That's not why I came to get you. We have guests."

"Guests?"

"From Silvain."

"What," he yelled jumping out of bed. He was already dressed in his guard gear.

"Do you always wear that to bed?"

"Don't change the subject. Why did you bring back someone from Silvain?"

"Actually it's three people, and before you yell again, I didn't really have a choice. I got hurt and Princess Marrah insisted upon escorting me home."

"Princess Marrah? As in the crown princess of Silvain Princess Marrah?"

"Yes," Mikayla said nervously.

"Mikayla! What did I tell you about Sivainians? They can't stand us!"

"But you're wrong daddy! Most of them could care less about our past with them. There good people. For the most part anyways. Marrah would love to get her hands on Brady, if you know what I mean."

"You mean another girl likes Brady? Either he changed a lot, or there is something seriously wrong with them." He sighed and pulled his hand through his hair. "What do they want?"

"We just need to find a way to get them home."

"Is that all? I can do that." He headed to the throne room, Mikayla trailing behind him.