Chapter 6

Lilly and Mikayla sat awkwardly in the tent unsure of how to start the conversation. After what felt like hours of silence Lilly finally spoke.

"Listen Mikayla. I don't blame you for being jealous of Brady and me." Mikayla's jaw dropped. "Brady's a great guy. But he chased you around for years and you never showed any interest before. I don't mean to sound rude, but you missed your chance. And there is no reason for you to go around trying to ruin our relationship."

It took Mikayla a few seconds to respond. "Wait. So you think that I'm jealous of you and Brady."

"Well, why else would you have accused me of something like that?"

"Maybe, because I really thought you had it out for him."

Lilly looked hurt. "I would never hurt anyone, especially not Brady. I love him and he loves me. Besides, I only fight in self defense or the defense of others."

"Well how am I supposed to know. We just met yesterday. And besides, I have no reason to trust you. I mean what kind of girl could fall in love with King Brady."

"The kind of girl who sees him for who he really is. Not a king, but a great guy."

"Oh, really? And just what so great about him?"

"He's kind, gentle, senitive, he's an amazing musician, and when he sings, it's like I'm teleported to another world. One where anything is possible. Where you cn go anywhere, do anything, be with anyone. And most importantly he loves me for who I am. Not a queen, not a princess, just an average girl. Just like he used to love you." She had been staring off dremily, but at this last part she looked at Mikayla. He did love you, you know. Ever ince he first met you. In fact it's because of you that we met. He wanted to learn to become a better person for you., so you would actually go out with him. We didn't start out dating. We started out student and teacher. He heard I was a great fighter and that I would occsionally teach someone, so he asked me to give him lessons, hoping to impress you with his new moves. After a few lessons I realized he wasn't the brightest, so I taught him other things like science, and math. We learned about each other and ended up falling for each other. So I really should thank you Mikayla. Without you, Brady would never have left home and we would never have met. So, thank you."

Mikayla couldn't belive it. Brady had really done all that just to impress her? Maybe he wasn't so bad after all. But it was to late now. He was with Lilly now. But... what if it wasn't to late? After all she still couldn't trust her. She could have know about Brady being a king the whole time and just pretnded not to know. If she could find some kind of proof she was right, Brady would dump Lilly and she could could be with Brady. Wait a minute. What was he thinking. Did she really want to be with Brady. The same guy who thought he could capture sunshine and sell it. Lilly may hve taught him, but that didn't mean he was much smarter. But still... what if she was right about Lilly? It was her duty as a royal guard to protect the kings. Just then she noticed Lilly looking at her.

"Are you okay Mikayla" she asked worried.

"Yeah, of course," she said putting on the best fake smile she could. I was just thinkig about what you said, and you're right. I'm glad we had this talk." Lilly extended her arms for a hug. "Sure, why not," she said hugging her awkwardly. As Mikayla left the tent Lilly realized she hadn't said which part she was right about. Was she right about her being jealous or bout what a great guy Brady is? Oh well, at least their differences had been put aside. She left the tent to go find Brady.