Chapter 5

Lilly had her arms wrapped round Brady's neck as they stood on the beach. She started leaning in to whisper in his ear when Mikayla and several other guards including Mason ran up to them.

"Mikayla?" Brady said questioningly.

The guards pulled them apart.

"Lilly!" Brady yelled. He whirled around. "Mason! What is the meaning of this! "

"I'm sorry my king, but you'll have to ask Mikayla"

"Mikayla, what's going on?"

"She's an assassin my king. She was sent to kill you."

"That's ridiculous," both Brady and Lilly said.

"Really? Then look at this," she said handing the paper to Brady. "I found it in her tent."

"You went through my stuff!" Mikayla ignored her.

Brady scanned the paper including the bottom right corner. After he finished he walked over to Lilly and held it up for her to read. They looked at each other and both started laughing. Mikayla was bewildered. "Let her go," Brady said still laughing. The guards released her and she walked back to Brady's side, automatically grabbing his hand.

"What's so funny," Mikayla asked annoyed.

"This isn't a kill list," Brady explained. "It's a list of moves she was going to teach me."

"But.... what about the payment?"

"That was for Brady," Lilly said. "It used to say 'payment: hugs and kisses.' "

"Oh." Mikayla said quietly, now thoroughly embarrassed.

Now Brady had stopped laughing and had a serious look on his face. "I think we need to talk Mikayla."

"Actually, Brady," Lilly said. "Can I talk to her instead? Girl to girl."

Brady paused before nodding.

"Come on Mikayla. We can talk in my tent."