Chapter 10

Mikayla managed to find an old map of Silvain. According to the map, Silvain was only about one hundred miles away from Kinkow, so she was surprised she hadn't heard about it sooner. On the other hand it was even smaller than Kinkow. She packed a suitcase for her clothes and some of her weapons, and a bag of food. She took a hot air balloon and left early the next morning. Hot air balloon was a slow way to travel so by the time she reached Silvian the sun was starting to set. 

She landed the balloon and pulled it farther inland before tying it to a thick tree. She grabbed her suitcase and bag and headed inland towards town, hoping to find an inn. She was lucky to come across one only a few minutes after reaching town. The sign read " The Shamrock Inn." She opened the door and walked in.

"Hello," the woman at the front desk said. "Welcome to the Shamrock Inn. How may I help you?"

"I'd like a room for a few nights."

"Name?"

"Mikayla. M-I-K-A-Y-L-A," she said spelling it out.

"Last name?"

"Makoola," she said and spelled that out too.

"Mikayla Makoola," the woman said as she wrote it down. "That name sounds familiar."

"Maybe you heard it from my friend Lilly or her boyfriend Brady."

"Oh, you know Brady and Lilly? Don't they make such a cute couple? I just love those two. You know Brady stayed here for the longest time. That is until he moved into the castle with Lilly."

"The castle?"

"Oh didn't you know? When she first washed ashore our beautiful island, it was the queen and her oldest daughter who found her. The King and Queen took her in, though she never thought of herself as a princess. She even got a job at the local bar as a waitress. I own that too. The Shamrock and Roll bar. I'm originally from Ireland in case you were wondering."

Mikayla took in her stout appearance. She had rosy red cheeks and bright red hair. She was a bigger woman, with a kind disposition. She also had a thick Irish accent. "I would never have guessed," she lied. "I thought you were a native."

The woman beamed. "I'm Brigid, by the way. Where do you hail from."

"Oh, I'm from Kippi Kippi," she lied.

"Oh their some nice people. Well here's your key. Have a nice stay."

"Thank you," she said taking the key. The key said 105, so she assumed that was her room number. She walked into the room and locked the door. She plopped down on the bed, tired from her trip and her conversation with Brigid. Within a matter of seconds she was gently snoring upon the blue and green bed.