Chapter 9

"But Daddy, I need to go!"

"I said no Mikayla."

"Come on. I never get any time to myself. I'm always to busy taking care of and protecting the kings. Don't you think I deserve it?"

Mason sighed. "Where would you be going."

"Silvain."

"Silvian? Nuh-uh. No way! It's to dangerous for Kinkowians to go there. Kinkow used to rule over them until they won their independence in a great war. They've always hated us and always will. There's no way I'd let my baby girl go there alone."

"So I'll just lie about where I'm from. Besides, King Brady was just fine." She slapped a hand over her mouth. She had been trying to keep the real reason for wanting to go a secret.

"King Brady? Wait a minute, is that where Lilly's from?" Mikayla gave a guilty smile. "Mikayla, I thought I told you to trust King Brady's judgment on this."

"Come on Daddy. Just for a few days. I don't trust Lilly and I need to find out more about her." She sidled up to him. "I let you be head guard while I'm gone."

"Have a nice trip."

"Thank you Daddy," Mikayla said throwing her arms around him.

"Yeah, yeah. Just make sure you're home by the end of the week. And if your not, I'm coming to get you."

"Daddy that's only three days if you don't count today."

"I know. Just be careful baby girl," he said kissing her on the forehead.

"Alright," she sighed. She headed to her room to pack.