Chapter 17

When Mikayla and Mason reached the throne room, Marrah was busy admiring one of the thrones, moving her hand across all over the different parts of it. Mikayla cleared her throat. Marrah looked up.

"Oh, I'm dreadfully sorry. I just couldn't help but looking at it. It much different then my parent's." Just then she noticed Mason. She looked him up and down. "Now he looks like a royal guard."

"Marrah, this is my Dad and the King's royal advisor," she said trying to ignore the way Marrah was looking at Mason.

"I'm Mason," he said bowing. "It's a pleasure to meet you your highness."

"Likewise," she said giving her lips a little lick. She looked at his hand. "No ring I see."

"No..."

"How about you show me around before I go home. Consider it an exclusive tour and a chance to get to know me better."

"I'm sorry your highness, but don't you think I'm a little old for you," Mason said catching on.

"I may not look it, but I happen to be twenty-five already and you look to be in about your mid thirties."

"I'm thirty-six."

"See. That's only eleven years difference. My parents are twelve years apart."

"I thought you liked Brady," Mikayla said.

"Oh I do, but he's with Lilly. Besides, Mason here looks much stronger."

"Uh, thank you your highness, but I'm not really interested."

Marrah pouted. "Fine, but you can still show me around first."

"Of course, your highness. We can start with the village." Marrah extended her hand for Mason to take but he brushed past her. "Let's go," he said to her two guards. She pouted some more but followed him anyways.