Chapter 14

Mikayla walked back to the Shamrock Inn, escorted by two guards and Princess Marrah. Marrah wore a bright yellow dress with white lace edges. Her hair was up in a tight bun with a few strands curling around her face. As they entered the inn, Brigid let out a yelp of surprise before curtsying.

"What's going on dearie," she asked Mikayla.

"Don't worry Brigid. I was in a little accident and the princess brought me to the castle infirmary. They're just going to make sure I make it home safely. I'm just here to gather my things."

Brigid looked disappointed. "Oh, you didn't even see my bar yet. It's the most popular place in town. Other then the castle of course your highness," she said this last part to Marrah. 

"Don't worry, I'm sure Mikayla will come back and visit. Right Mikayla?" Mikayla gave a tight lipped smile. "Good. Now go get your things we have a long trip ahead of us."

Mikayla went up to her room and gathered her things. When she came back down, Brigid was chatting cheerfully to Marrah.

"He slept right in this very Inn. And my bar is where he and Lilly first met." Just then they noticed Mikayla.

"Is that everything," Marrah asked. Mikayla nodded. "Then let's be on our way shall we? Just how did you get here anyways?"

"Hot air balloon. I'll show you." She led them to the edge of the island where she left the balloon.