Chapter Twenty Six: Plans Unfolding

Start from the beginning

I turn my attention to them.

Public speaking isn't really my thing, but right now, it's necessary to step out of my comfort zone and lead these people into a promising future.

They're all quiet, waiting for me to speak.

"You can call me Donovan, and this is my mate, Anya. I know you have your doubts, especially towards strangers who tell you things others have told you but have failed to keep their word. But Anya and I, we want our freedom. We didn't get cast out from society and spend months in confinement for nothing. We are determined to change this law just as much as you are, and all of you are the first step for our quest for ultimate freedom."

The room is quiet, only erupting in hushed whispers and shrugs.

"It wouldn't hurt to try." A man says.

"Even if you are just another phony, what have we got to lose?" Someone else thinks out loud. People nod in agreement.

"I would like to peacefully resolve this problem. I think the council is just misinformed about just how many people are against this law that is set in place. We aren't the only resistant group, there are many in the world, making up hundreds of thousands of people." A younger man says.

I agree.

I would rather peacefully solve this problem rather than to riot or wage wars.

I just hope violence won't be necessary. Even if it is, I am willing to do whatever it takes for the majority who are being ruled over unfairly.

That's why we are to make two plans, just in case one fails.

And in this room, everyone has a voice. Many different plans and ideas are discussed and many of them are good, and many of them have holes in them.

The more people there are thinking out a plan, the better.

And I just know that we are one step closer to bringing this law to an end.

* * *

A few days pass, and as the days pass, a couple distinct plans solidifies. In just one short month, our plan would be put into action. Everyone is anxious, especially me, since I will be the one leading the people.

We have planned to request a visitation to the council as a group. We will meet with the members and speak to them about the problems and the law that needs to be overturned.

Freedom in the werewolf community is shriveling, and the government needs to realize that they're damaging their own people.

It's time for them to wake up and face reality. For too long they have lived in hatred, walled up in their fancy homes. But they don't know what is really going on in the world that they rule.

I can only hope we aren't arrested on the spot, but since there's about to be so many of us unveiled, it's unlikely.

I think the council knows about the many living in hiding, and it's only  matter of time before they lose control over their people and give in to the majority.

I've been homesick lately, and my family has been on my mind a lot lately. They probably think I'm dead, and I can't imagine what they must be going through.

It's going to be quite the shock to everyone when I turn up alive.

For now, however, I will have to get to know everyone in the hideout. I'd like to become familiar with those around me, and get to know the people I am fighting for. The majority of those in the hideout consists of the forbidden couples and their children.

A few are mateless people who believe the werewolf council is wrong and wish to stand against it, so there's quite the mix of people here.

Anya was nervous at first around so many other people, but I think it was good for the both of us to step out of our comfort zone. If I still earn the Alpha title, it will be beneficial for both Anya and I to have good people skills.

Meals at the hideout were pretty basic. Venison or rabbit stew was mainly served. The meat would usually be caught in discrete traps so that attention is not drawn to the hideout.

Everyone spoke quietly and evacuation drills were practiced daily. For fun, the group would play various sorts of games. Children would play hide and seek and tag. Their parents would play card games and tell stories.

For such a dampening situation, everyone seems to make the best out of it. Staying positive would keep everyone in better spirits. Being miserable will only turn others against each other.

I rehearsed what I should say to the werewolf council, and the others trained for an attack just in case. Anything was possible at the moment, and we had to be prepared for whatever outcome may approach us.

Time passed, and as time passed, the revealing was approaching. Everyone was anxious - they had never confronted the council before. They had never made it this far, because all the leaders before me would abandon them at the last minute.

And I wasn't about to do that.

I wanted freedom just as much as anyone here, and I'd be willing to do whatever it takes to achieve that.

And the time has come sooner than anyone could have imagined it.

*

*

A/N: Sorry that this chapter is really late! I've been behind in my updating schedule because someone hacked into my Wattpad and it took me a few days to resolve the problem, it really sucked! I think I got it figured out now, hopefully.....

Also this story is coming to an end really soon, that's why this chapter is a little bit shorter than usual, so be prepared!

Until next time....