Maxi

Requested By AmyBishop13

MAXI

Today was a really exciting day for me, I'd spent the past month finding the perfect engagement ring for y/n, my girlfriend of a year and a half. There was just one little problem, I didn't know how to propose to y/n. So who better than to help me than my brothers, the boys in blue since half were already married or engaged. I had to find the perfect time to ask because y/n was also a lifeguard and Hoppo had put us on a lot of the same shifts.

When I knew y/n was beneath the tower with Yatesy putting the jet ski away I clear my throat to get the attention of Jesse, Harries and Deano, "I need you guys to help with something important."

"What do you need help with Maxi?" Jesse asks, leaning against the stairs on his phone.

I take out the small ring box and slide it across the desk to Deano, whose eyes go wide as realisation sets in, "you're going to propose to y/n?"

"Finally!" Jesse and Harries say in unison.

I bite my lip, "yes finally. I just don't know how to do it, I want it to be special and I want you guys to help since you probably know y/n better than me."

y/n had grown up in Bondi, swimming and surfing in the waters from a very young age, so she knew the lifeguards really well, and it also helped that Yatesy was her uncle so if anything the boys in blue were her second family.

"Does Yatesy know?" Jesse chimes in.

I nod, "I asked his permission and he's already seen the ring."

Harries awes, "ah such a romantic Maxi."

Deano slides the box back across to me, "we'll get the others involved and come up with something perfect."

"Thanks, guys, and keep this secret from y/n."

"Keep what secret from y/n?" y/n's voice sounds behind Jesse, making Jesse jump.

I shake my head, "it's nothing y/n, just forget about it."

She tuts, "you all look guilty of something, and last time I saw those looks I ended up getting pranked."

Jesse smirks, "that was a beautiful prank."

y/n reaches up and slaps him across the back of the head, "cheeky bastard."

Jesse pouts and rubs the back of his head, while y/n turns around and walks back out of the tower, that was a close call.

1 WEEK LATER

"Okay guys, Yatesy will have y/n down here in ten minutes."

"Calm down mate," Jesse laughs, slapping me on the back.

I was allowed to be a nervous wreck, I was proposing to the girl I wanted to spend the rest of my life with and I wanted everything to be perfect just like her. With the help of the other lifeguards, we'd strung fairy lights around the railings of the lifeguard tower and down onto the beach in front of the tower, where I was going to ask y/n to marry me while the guys all held signs behind us. y/n was obsessed with fairy lights and our apartment was covered in them.

"Shit, they are early, everyone hide!" Mouse calls out, and everyone runs inside the tower to wait for their cue.

I watch Yatesy guide y/n onto the beach who was wearing a blindfold and walk her over to me, before making a quick escape up to the tower.

"This is shaping up to be one elaborate prank," y/n huffs.

I laugh and remove the blindfold, "this isn't a prank y/n."

y/n gasps and looks around her in awe at all the glowing lights around us, "what's going on Maxi?"

"I've been struggling for the past month to find the perfect way to ask you one simple question y/n. I wanted everything to be perfect, and then it hit me that as long as I did it in front of our family I'd have nothing to worry about because we'd get to share with the moment with everyone," I reply nervously.

"Oh my god!' she gasps even louder, turning her attention to the top of the lifeguard tower where everyone stood holding letters which spelt out 'y/n will you marry Maxi?'

"Maxi is this real--"

"y/n, will you marry me?" I cut her off.

She spins back around to face me only to find me on one knee holding out the small black box which revealed a stunning diamond ring. She covers her mouth with her hand, and I see a tear run down her cheek, hopefully, they were happy tears.

"Yes, I will marry you Maxi!"

I let out the breath I'd been holding and slide the ring onto her finger, before standing up and kissing the girl of my dreams.

All the lifeguards whoop and cheer as y/n kisses me back, "this was more than I ever could have asked for Maxi, thank you."

I hold her close, "I'm just thankful you said yes."

She laughs and playfully slaps me on the chest before we turn to face the other lifeguards, "I nearly said no when I saw Harrison had the question mark upside down," she jokes.

Everyone turns their attention to Harrison, who did, in fact, have the question mark upside down. Yatesy slaps him across the back of the head, "silly boy." which makes everyone laugh.

One by one the boys in blue come down and congratulate us, y/n happily showing off her ring. This night couldn't have gone off much better, now we had the challenge of planning a wedding around our hectic lifeguard schedule.