Jethro

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!!!

JETHRO

y/n and I didn't have to be at work until midday which meant we got to spend our first Christmas morning in our new apartment which was exciting and made us feel grown up. y/n loved Christmas, so went above and beyond making our home into a winter wonderland despite it being a typical hot Bondi day outside.

"Merry Christmas Jethro," y/n mumbles sleepily, rolling over and opening her eyes.

"Merry Christmas y/n," I reply.

y/n gets out of bed, "time for presents," they jump up and down more awake than a minute ago.

I laugh and follow them into the living room, feeding off their enthusiasm. y/n was sat in front of our tree holding out a present towards me, "I've worked hard on this and I hope you like it."

"I'll like anything you get me y/n," I chuckle, sitting down next to her and take the present out of her hand.

I rip off the paper and my enthusiasm fades, "did you really take the time to knit me an ugly Christmas jumper that you know I'll never wear because of the weather?"

y/n pouts, "I made myself one so we can match since we love making fun of couples who match everything."

Behind their back, they pull an identical jumper and I feel bad for making them think it was a bad present before I knew the whole reason and thought which went into knitting both of them.

"Well then, I guess I love the jumper and will happily wear it," I replied sincerely.

y/n's face lights up as I put the jumper on and they put theirs on so we could match," oh my god we look so lame, but also cute. Let's take a picture and post it online."

I roll my eyes and open my arms, "come on then y/n."

y/n gets comfortable in my arms and I wrap my arms around them making sure you could see both jumpers as y/n got their phone out to capture this beautiful Christmas memory.

"Smile for the camera," y/n says, and I give my best early morning smile.

"What are you going to write underneath it?" I ask, as y/n types away.

They show me the Instagram post which read 'From our obnoxiously matching family to yours, Merry Christmas!'

I laugh, "That's perfect y/n."

"Thank you, now let's take these ugly jumpers off and exchange the real presents."

I shake my head, "I think I might keep mine on y/n, it's growing on me."

y/n snorts, "we really are a one of a kind couple Jethro."

I squeeze them tightly, "and we wouldn't have it any other way y/n."

After five more minutes of cuddling, I release y/n and we go about exchanging the rest of our presents. y/n occasionally checks their notifications liking and replying to comments made by the other lifeguards and their own fans. Turned out a lot of people liked the jumpers and y/n promised to knit some of the lifeguards one each next Christmas. Looks like the whole service would be matching next year.