Glick

GLICK

I walk into the tower after taking part in three mass rescues one after the other to find y/n sat watching the water, with the radio in one hand directing Reidy and Mouse on another mass rescue at the other end of the beach. It was quite something to watch y/n work in the tower, because outside of the tower they were jokey and over the top, but once they knew they had a responsibility to keep people safe they transformed into a serious lifeguard.

"Hopefully the rips die down soon, I'm going to lose my voice if I'm not careful," y/n speaks up, putting down the radio and binoculars.

I walk up and hug them from behind, "you always knock it out of the park y/n."

They smile and yawn, "I can't wait too go home and sleep."

I kiss the top of their head, "you make some cute noises when you're asleep."

"W-what? Why were you watching me sleep? And besides, I don't talk in my sleep and never have Glick!" she speaks quickly, stumbling over a few of the words.

I chuckle and lower myself down until I can whisper in their ear, "never said nothin' about talking in your sleep. Maybe some...moans."

From my position I see y/n's cheeks flush, "...I'm going to kill you."

"Ah y/n's blushing, what did lover boy say this time?' Reidy pipes up, walking up the stairs in the tower to take over from y/n.

y/n shakes their head, "nothing you need to concern yourself with Reidy."

Reidy eyes me up and y/n lets out another yawn, then the older lifeguards face lights up, "is this about y/n moaning in her sleep?"

I take a cautious step back from y/n who turns around glaring daggers at me, 'if you know what's best for you Glick, I would run," she spits out behind gritted teeth, but their eyes told me the anger was only temporary.

Mouse steps aside and motions towards the open door behind him, "at least give him a few seconds head start y/n."

y/n sighs, "ten...nine...eight..."

"Are you being serious right now?" I joke

y/n nods, "seven...six...better start running...five..."

I gulp and run out of the tower past Mouse who was on the floor in stitches, wanting to get a head start as he suggested. But y/n was soon behind me picking up the pace. I lose my footing and fall onto the sand and roll onto my back, "I surrender."

y/n gets on top of me and starts tickling me, my weakness I regretted telling everyone at a work party after one too many drinks, "oh payback is a bitch."

A crowd soon starts to form around us along with the camera crew, and a few of the lifeguards come over to observe me getting my ass handed to me by my loving partner. I thought they would help me, but instead, they got their phones out and started filming to have something to use against me in the future. y/n continues their tickle attack, and I guess in the future I'd keep intimate details about our relationship between us. This was not how I expected my shift to end.