Hoppo

Y/N

"Has anyone seen Hoppo anywhere?" you ask, loud enough for the guys in the tower to hear you from the medical area where you were checking inventory.

"I think he's in his office y/n," Kerrbox replies, "are you sure you want to go in there?" he questions warily.

You roll your eyes. How could Hoppo still be mad at you? The incident happened a month ago, and he'd been giving you the cold shoulder and annoying jobs ever since. It wasn't on anymore and you were getting kind of sick of how immature he was acting.

"If I'm not back in ten call the Police because he'll probably have killed me," you joke.

Harries pops his head around the corner waving the phone, "they are already on speed dial y/n. Good luck in there."

You chuckle under your breath and leave the tower, heading over to the main building where Hoppo's office was located.

Taking a deep breath you knock on his door and wait to be called in.

"Come in," Hoppo calls out.

You open the door and step inside, Hoppo looks up from the paperwork on his desk and scowls, "go away y/n, I'm still not talking to you."

You scoff, "are you being serious right now, you're still annoyed about that?"

He clears his throat, "you lost my favourite pen and then lied about it!"

Yes, this whole thing was over a stupid pen. You didn't have one and asked Hoppo to borrow his, and he gave it to you with one condition that you didn't lose it because it was a pretty expensive pen and his favourite one at that. Low and behold you misplaced it and panicked, and it didn't help that the rest of the guys filled your head with horror stories about Hoppo getting mad, so you lied and he saw past your lie.

"Fine I'll go, but I don't deserve to be treated any less Hoppo. While you've had me doing all the shit jobs, I've walked the length of the beach three times and even turned the tower on its head trying to find that stupid pen. Here you go."

You storm over to his desk and out of your pocket you pull out the missing pen and slam it down in front of him, probably with more anger and force than what was necessary but you were ticked off at how he had treated you.

Hoppo stares at the pen, but before he can reply you storm out of the office and slam the door shut behind you. Maybe you were the one being immature now, but two people could play at that game.

"y/n wait up!" Hoppo shouts behind you, but you only quicken your pace.

"I said wait up kid!" he calls out much closer to you, obviously jogging to keep up with you.

You stop in the hallway and turn around with your arms folded across your chest, "what do you want now boss?" you say in a monotone voice.

Hoppo runs his fingers through his hair, "did you really spend the last month trying to find the pen?"

You nod, "I did. The only reason I lied to you was that the other guys put images in my head about how mad you get, and I thought to tell a little lie was better than facing your wrath. But you didn't get mad, you got mean and childish."

Hoppo sighs, "I guess I hold you to a higher standard than the guys because you've never once pranked me or done something to get me angry. You're a great lifeguard and I guess I was kind of childish, can you forgive me y/n?"

You were gobsmacked, it took a lot for Hoppo to apologise to anyone. I guess you were pretty flattered what he pretty much just called you his favourite lifeguard even though you'd only been here two seasons.

"I guess I accept your apology, but can I maybe get it on film because the guys won't believe me," you reply chuckling.

Hoppo shakes his head, "that's not happening y/n. Thank you for returning my pen. You can now go back to the tower so they know you're still breathing."

It was the best you were going to get, you were just happy he no longer hated you.

"See you later boss man," you salute and turn to leave.

Behind you, you hear Hoppo mumble under his breath about all of you being a handful as he returns to his office to be officially reunited with his pen.

You waltz into the tower and throw your arms in the air, "I'm not dead guys!" you whoop.

"What happened?" Singlets asks, still watching over the water with the binoculars.

Both Harries and Kerrbox were still in the tower and looked just as eager to hear your reply.

"I reunited him with his pen, he apologised, and called me his favourite lifeguard," you cheer.

Harries pouts, "I thought I was his favourite."

Kerrbox slaps him across the back of the head, "keeping telling yourself that Harries. y/n is everyone's favourite."

You walk past the pair, high fiving Kerrbox and patting Harries on the shoulder to comfort him. You pick up the second pair of binoculars and get back to watching the beach with Singlets as if nothing had just happened.