Maxi

MAXI

I was sat in the tower with Jesse and Harries when y/n waltzes in and I feel happy to see her. But then her boyfriend appears and they share a long passionate kiss, which takes away my happy mood.

"Stop pouting Maxi," Jesse hisses, nudging me in the side.

I keep my voice low, "I hate him."

Harries leans forwards, "hate is a strong word to use Maxi."

I snort, "it's also the right word to use."

The two roll their eyes and go back to work. I watch y/n and the guy I hate kiss one last time before y/n pushes him out of the tower stating she had to start work sometime.

"So nice of you to grace us with your presence y/n," I joke.

She throws herself at me and giggles, "you know you live for that moment when I walk in the door."

Behind me, Jesse and Harries snigger, earning a glare from me and a confused look off y/n.

"Whenever someone asks you if you have a girlfriend you always save you're 'taken', but we both know you're not dating anyone Maxi."

"That's because he's taken with a certain someone y/n," Jesse pipes up.

Harries slaps him across the back of the head, "bad Jesse."

y/n's eyes go wide and she grins ear to ear, "oh my god you have to tell me who Maxi...I'm your best friend in the whole world..."

I shake my head, "it's not important y/n."

She grabs my hand and drags me out of the chair and out of the tower leaving Jesse and Harries in stitches behind me. y/n liked to know everything, but this was going to be a tough subject because she was the person I was taken with. I had my chance two years ago and blew it, and now she was settled down after playing the field for a couple of years.

"Please tell me Maxi, I won't tell a soul I swear."

"I don't know y/n, because I don't want to lose you as a friend," I reply sheepishly.

y/n tilts her head, "why would you lose me as a friend Maxi? I love you."

I snort, "Funny you should mention those three words y/n. Because the person I'm taken with and want to say I love you to is stood in front of me."

y/n gasps and I regret telling her because now she was going to hate me. I go to head back in the tower when y/n stops me by placing a hand on my arm, "how long have you liked me Maxi?"

I glance up at her and don't see hate behind her eyes, "when we started as trainees together. But I always thought you saw me as a friend or brother so I never said anything kept my feelings bottled up. Harries and Jesse know."

y/n throws her head back and laughs, "oh my god I felt the same way. Not everyone is like us you know, some people are normal Maxi..."

"What about the boyfriend?" I question.

She stops laughing, "If I'm being honest I was using him to make you jealous. By the way, Reidy and Mouse know about my crush on you."

"We really aren't normal are we y/n?"

"KISS!" Jesse and Harries yell from the door of the tower.

I go to tell them to shut up so the whole beach doesn't hear, but y/n grabs my face and smashes her lips down on mine. After a few seconds of shock, I relax into the kiss and kiss her back, earning cheers from the tower. Jesse and Harries were never going to let us live this down.

y/n pulls back, her cheeks flushed, "we should go on a real date Maxi before making it official. What do you think?"

I take her hand in mine and stroke her knuckles, "how about tonight after the shift ends y/n?"

She giggles, "I'll see you then Maxi, but now I'm due up north with Reidy who will want to know all the juicy details."

She pecks my cheek and runs off down the steps to start her shift. I make my way back up to the tower where Jesse and Harries were grinning like madmen.

"Congratulations Maxi," Jesse cheers.

"Thanks, guys, but we should get back to work before someone drowns."

As if they forgot they were meant to be working both guys run back to their stations and pick up the binoculars leaving me to laugh at the two idiots who I worked with and called two of my closest friends.