Maxi

MAXI

Today was my day off so of course, I was going to spend it with my partner y/n. We'd got engaged a month ago and spent every minute together on our days off. Being a lifeguard and firefighter was demanding, and y/n was a local band manager so travelled a lot.

y/n and I had gotten breakfast and now we were walking down the pavilion, y/n wanting to check out the skate bowl because they were a really good skateboarder and wanted to teach me a few tricks, or even stay on the board for more than a few seconds.

"Do you know how many dislocations and cuts we deal with down here y/n?"

y/n rolls their eyes, "well they didn't have a kickass teacher like me Maxi. Besides if you hurt yourself then I'll kiss it better."

I smile and squeeze their hand, feeling a bit more at ease with y/n teaching me. when I told the other guys they had bets on how long it would be until I fell and hurt myself.

Luckily the bowl was empty this early in the morning, so no one could mock me.

"It's easy Maxi, just watch me."

y/n lets go of my hand, drops the skateboard which was under their other arm, and next thing I know they just drop into the bowl without a care in the world. I take out my phone and begin filming y/n as they gracefully skate around, doing the occasional trick to impress me.

"Yeah, I can't do that y/n," I call out.

y/n laughs and comes to a stop by my side, "after a few lessons you'll be a pro Maxi. You just need to learn the basics."

They put the board down in front of me and I get on, and immediately stumble and nearly fall off. But y/n grabs my hand and keeps me steady.

"Keep one foot on the board and use the other to kick off the ground, and you'll be able to move," y/n speaks slowly.

I do as they say and the board moves, while y/n keeps a hold of me. we move around the area kind of like a parent holding their kid's hand while they learnt to ride a bike or something.

"Okay, I think I can do this on my own y/n," I state.

y/n lets go of me without warning and steps away, recording me on their phone. I wanted to show them that I knew something, and I remember Jesse giving me some tips to impress y/n.

"Watch this kickflip y/n."

I take a deep breath and attempt a kickflip, which of course goes very wrong. I think it's going well until my feet don't touch the board but the ground. I go crashing to the ground, the skateboard rolling away from me.

"Shit," I curse.

"Are you okay Maxi?" y/n rushes over to me concern in their voice and written across their face.

I think I just had a grazed knee and thankfully nothing else was wrong, my first aid training kicking in.

"I'm fine y/n, just a grazed knee. You said you would kiss an injury I got better," I pout.

y/n crouches down and kisses my grazed knee, before rubbing it better, "does it hurt anymore?"

I lean over and peck their lips, "all better now y/n."

"What possessed you to attempt that Maxi? Have you been talking to Jesse?" they joke.

I fell my cheeks blush, "I wanted to impress you y/n."

They kiss my lips and pull back, "you impress me everyday Maxi. I'll teach you how to do one properly next time."

I glance over at the skateboard and sigh, "yes next time. Maybe in a few weeks when my grazed knee heals."

y/n laughs, "fine we'll give it a rest. I love you Maxi."

I smile back, "I love you to y/n, but promise me you'll delete that video."

I did not want the guys seeing me fail, and y/n did have a mischievous streak. Maybe I could delete it off their phone when they weren't looking.