Deano

Y/N

"Singlets to the tower I need an extra set of hands down here."

You pick up the radio and sigh loudly, "y/n to Singlets I'll be right down."

Staring down at the portion of hot chips you'd just purchased for lunch you curse under your breath knowing they will be cold when you get back, but duty always came first.

"If either of you takes so much as one chip I will hurt you badly. Do you understand?"

You glare at Ryan and Deano who were sat in the tower with you. Ryan gulps nervously, while Deano's expression was harder to read. Wrapping up the chips to preserve heat, you put them to one side and quickly leave the tower to assist Singlets.

~AFTER RESCUE~

Running back up the beach you bump into Hoppo at the bottom of the stairs who stops you, "I've never seen you run so fast y/n." He laughs.

"I left my chips in the tower with Deano and Ryan. Ryan I trust, but Deano I do not trust."

Hoppo steps aside, "then I won't stop you y/n."

You smile and take two steps at a time. Opening the door to the tower you take note that Ryan was exactly where you left him, whereas Deano had stolen your chair and was eating your chips.

"Did you steal my chips Deano?" you accuse, grabbing his attention mid bringing a chip to his mouth.

"No," he replies cheekily.

You scoff, "you're eating them right now."

"No, I'm not, he scoffs back.

"Stop lying Deano. I might be a little odd, but I'm not an idiot."

"Are you sure about that y/n?" he jokes.

Clenching your fist, you pick up the nearest thing to you which happened to be Deano's phone which had been on charge and chuck it at him. Luckily for him he ducks, but unlucky for the phone it hits the wall behind him enough to crack the screen.

"What the hell!" he shouts.

"I'm so sick of you always eating my food Deano. You do this nearly every day and I'm sick of it. You never eat anyone else's. Get your own damn food in the future," you yell back.

"Alright children break it up," Hoppo intervenes from the doorway.

You throw your hands in the air in defeat and storm past Hoppo, deciding to work with Singlets for the rest of your shift because he didn't annoy you like Deano. You needed a distraction and saving people was the perfect distraction.

DEANO

It was safe to say I'd never seen y/n snap like that. She usually just glared and muttered something rude under her breath. I kind of felt bad now, especially when she called me out for only eating her food when everyone else brought in food on a daily basis.

"You need to make it up to her man," Hoppo says sternly, not liking when any of us were at each other's throats.

I needed to apologise to y/n.

Y/N

The rest of your shift flew by with Singlets and tourists distracting you, slowly decreasing your rage towards Deano. You didn't mean to snap but he had to know that enough was enough.

After getting changed back into normal clothes, you leave the changing rooms only to find Deano leaning against the wall outside holding something behind his back.

"I come with a peace offering y/n."

You raise an eyebrow and he pulls out a bag of chips from behind his back.

"Do you really think chips will win me over Deano?"

He sighs and sits down on a nearby bench and you join him, happily taking the chips from him since you didn't have lunch earlier, "I'm sorry for eating your food and making you angry y/n. I didn't know it was this bad because you've never said anything before."

You bite into a chip, "I guess I could have made my feelings more known. But why only take my food? That's all I want to know."

Deano scratches his head, "you always bring in fresh food, and it always smells so good and tastes delicious by the way. I can't cook for shit so I live through your food if that makes sense. Plus chips are always a win."

You burst into laughter, that was the dumbest thing you'd ever heard but totally a thing Deano would do in the years you'd known him, "if you want I can teach you how to cook a few of the dishes so you don't have to steal mine. I love cooking and would be happy to teach you."

Deano's face lights up, "really you'd teach me. Just be warned I'm a slow learner y/n."

You continue laughing, "Luckily I have patience Deano. Thanks for the apology chips by the way."

Deano moves closer to you on the bench and throws an arm casually around your shoulders, "anything for my best friend."