Harrison

HARRISON

y/n had been acting up all day. They were usually enthusiastic and made everyone happy, but today they were cold and snappy not at all like themselves so I knew something was wrong. There was just one problem if any of the lifeguards asked y/n what was wrong they got mad and told everyone to leave them alone. y/n and I were really good friends, they took me under their wing during my traineeship so it was down to me to find out what was upsetting them.

I walk into the tower on my lunch break to see y/n scrolling through their phone, a pained expression on their face. Hoppo had come out of his office earlier to monitor y/n to see if he needed to send them home for the day which was why he was now watching the waves trying not to be suspicious.

I clear my throat, "y/n please don't yell at me, but I know when you're upset and I want to help you."

y/n looks up from their phone, "it's nothing Harrison."

I motion for them to give me their phone, "let me see—"

"It's nothing!" y/n snaps, throwing their phone on the desk.

Next thing I know tears are streaming down their cheeks. I rush over and pull them into a hug, "don't cry, whatever is bothering you we can all help you."

y/n sniffles and rubs her eyes, "He's calling me again."

I was confused, not knowing who 'he' was, "So? Just don't answer."

y/n starts to shake, "then he messages me, how did he get a phone where he is?"

Hoppo pushes me aside and takes my place comforting y/n, concern written across his face. He looks up at me and mouths 'get Deano' who was y/n's big brother. I nod and leave the tower feeling like I didn't know my best friend as well as I first thought.

I find Deano in between the middle set of flags with Maxi, "err Deano, Hoppo needs you in the tower. It's y/n."

"Did you find out what's wrong?" he asks worried, jumping out of the rhino.

I nod, "she broke down saying some guy was calling and messaging her again."

Deano curses and runs past me. Maxi looks heartbroken so I knew if I wanted to know what was going on he would be the one to tell me because y/n and he started as trainees together.

"Why do I feel like I'm being kept in the dark?"

Maxi sighs, "to cut a long story short, during y/n's second trainee year there was another older lifeguard who worked here and he would say and do inappropriate things around y/n. He took it to the next level and raped her, last time I heard he was still in prison because y/n was underage and it wasn't his first offence."

I was shocked. y/n always seemed so lively and upbeat, but what I saw in the tower was a broken y/n putting on a strong face and a fake smile. This had to be a huge burden for her to carry all these years and explained why Hoppo pushed me out of the way and told me to get their brother. I didn't want any hurt coming my best friends way.

~Time Skip~

I walk out of the changing rooms at the end of my shift having not seen y/n for the rest of the day. However, I'm surprised to find them leaning against the wall outside as if they were waiting for me.

"I need to explain—"

"Maxi told me, I'm so sorry y/n," I cut them off, "I just wanted to make you happy and instead I made you even sadder."

y/n shuffles towards me, "I never told you because it's a part of my past I want to forget. And when the Police took him away he threatened to hurt anyone I told, and even though he's behind bars I never wanted him to hurt you, Harrison, because you're my best friend."

I found it kind of cute that y/n wanted to protect me from their dark past, but they needed to know that I would always be here for them.

"I'm always here if you need someone to talk or cry to y/n, that's what best friends are for."

y/n awes, "I love you, Harrison."

I open my arms and they walk into them, "and I love you more y/n."

Bondi Rescue Imagines *DISCONTINUED*On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara