Jesse

Requested By kyky9103

Y/N

Today you were spending time down on Bondi Beach waiting for your husband to finish his shift so the two of you could go out for lunch to celebrate your two year wedding anniversary. Jesse was in the middle of a mass rescue, so you slip off your thongs and decide to take a paddle in the inviting warm water. You were in the area where surfers weren't allowed, but while lost in your thoughts about Jesse and remembering your dream wedding something strikes you in the back of the leg causing you to fall to your knees in the shallow water.

"Watch where you're going bitch!" a large male hisses at you, as he picks up his surfboard and makes his way towards you.

He was much taller than you and very intimidating. You wanted to be anywhere but here, but you found yourself frozen to the spot rubbing the back of your leg which would be bruised come morning. You flashbacked to the month before Jesse asked you out on a first date, remembering with horror your abusive ex-boyfriend who put you down mentally and physically, not caring about leaving you covered in cuts and bruises. As if on cue, the simple memory instilled a sense of terror and impending doom because this surfer looked like he wanted to hurt you and no one was coming to your aid.

"Oi mate, get away from her. You shouldn't be surfing here, and then intimidating girls when you're in the wrong," Yatesy shouts from behind you.

The surfer raises an eyebrow before smirking down at you, "you're a pathetic waste of space, and if you ever get in my way again I'll make you pay bitch!"

He steps towards you but Yatesy blocks him, "Yatesy to the tower I'm going to need Police down here, some punk is intimidating and threatening y/n."

You were happy that Yatesy had radioed the tower to get Police assistance, but as you try to stand up you stagger slightly feeling dizzy before your knees give out and you fall back onto the sand. You try and get up again, but your whole body felt weighted down like you had lost all control over your body. This hadn't happened since you met Jesse, but you knew better than anyone the symptoms and signs of a panic attack coming on.

"y/n are you okay? You've gone pale," Maxi crouches down in front of you, concern in his voice.

"I...need...Jesse..." you manage to get out between heavy breaths.

Maxi nods and helps you back to your feet, allowing you to use him as a crutch,"what's wrong?"

You hear his words, but the overwhelming racing of your heart overtook anything in the real world and you couldn't open your mouth to reply.

JESSE

I place the rescue board back on the side of the rhino after my third mass rescue of the hour. I glance around trying to locate my wife y/n but she was nowhere in sight. I vaguely remember her saying something about going for a paddle in the water, so I didn't think much of it, until I see Maxi coming towards me holding y/n up.

I rush over to the pair, "what's happened?"

Maxi explains the intimidating surfer and how after the encounter y/n had gone into a state of shock.

"It's a panic attack Maxi, she hasn't had one in over a year," I state, and Maxi hands her over to me looking sad.

I get y/n back to the rhino and sit her down in the back, before sitting down next to her and pick up her hand in mine which was as cold as ice but really sweaty, "y/n it's Jesse, can you hear me?"

She nods but doesn't answer, instead looking off into the distance.

I remember having to calm her down a few times after we started dating, after she told me about her abusive ex, and I had a sneaking feeling that the surfer had triggered a not so happy memory and y/n was retreating into her shell.

"You know you're safe with me y/n, I promised to never let anyone hurt you again and that includes him. You're safe y/n, you have nothing to worry about when I'm here," I speak softly, rubbing circles on her back.

y/n wasn't breathing like a normal person, instead, they were laboured so I knew I needed to get her breathing back under control and quickly.

"y/n you need to listen to my voice, I need you to breathe in slowly through your nose and then breathe out slowly through your mouth. Can you do that for me?"

y/n tries to follow the instructions, but tears start to roll down her cheeks. I hated seeing my beautiful and strong y/n in this state, "close your eyes and focus on your breathing y/n."

She closes her eyes and it seems to help her breathing become less laboured, and after five minutes of breathing exercises and me rubbing circles on her back she opens her eyes and turns her head towards me.

"I'm sorry for being a burden Jesse, you didn't sign up for this," she says weakly, quickly averting her gaze to the sand.

I shake my head and cup her chin, "don't be silly y/n you're not a burden. He was a monster, and every now and then you're going to remember him, and when you do I'm going to be by your side to chase the demons away, understood?"

She smiles, "I probably freaked out Yatesy and Maxi."

I chuckle, "they are big boys and can handle it. I'm more concerned about you y/n."

Still cupping her chin, I lean forward and kiss her on the lips. y/n kisses me back, and the moment was perfect. We both made each other stronger people, and if anyone tried to hurt or intimidate my beautiful wife they wouldn't get let off so easily.

~Time Skip~

Y/N

The Police wanted a statement off me, and after some convincing they let Jesse stay with me because I felt more comfortable having my supporting and loving husband by my side to put me at ease when I didn't feel like answering all the personal questions. Both Yatesy and Maxi hugged me, making me promise if anyone tried to get to me on the beach I would find a lifeguard and they'd sort them out.