Jesse

Y/N

Today was one of the wettest Christmas Days in Bondi history. You would have much rather stayed in bed, but Jesse had volunteered both of you to work all day instead. So now you, Jesse, Kerrbox, Reidy and Harries were huddled in the tower trying to keep dry and pulling straws to see who had to go out in the rain and rescue people.

"Two Santa hats in backpackers," Harries speaks up.

"y/n lost the last straw draw so you get to go out," Kerrbox chuckles since he'd gone out last and got drenched.

You throw your arms in the air in defeat kind of annoyed, but you were paid to rescue people. You grab a radio and the keys to the rhino and run out of the tower into the lashing rain. Mixed with the wind, the rain pelted you from every angle.

Once at backpackers you take off your lifeguard shirt, pick up the rescue board, and run into the water. The waves were powerful and high putting your lifeguard training to the test. You get to the two Santa hats and pat your board.

"Get on now and lie down facing the beach please," you snap, starting to feel the chill.

The two girls get on and you're surprised you're able to balance both while waves lashed at you from behind. But all you cared about now was getting back to the beach so you could race up to the tower and get dry. Once on the beach, the two girls hug you before running off towards another group of people who you assumed were their friends.

Jumping back in the rhino, you drive quite fast back up the beach and park it by the stairs. The rain wasn't letting up as you take two steps at a time.

"Bloody tourists," you grumble, walking into the tower dripping wet.

"Ah you look like a drowned rat y/n," Reidy jokes.

Shaking your head, you grab the nearest lifeguard hoodie and throw it on to warm yourself up.

"Is that my hoodie?" Jesse pipes up.

You glance down, "...no"

"I'm pretty sure that's mine y/n."

You huff, "then why did you ask?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "I just felt like it."

You snort, "Liar."

"Maybe. But you can keep it, it looks better on you," he replies.

"Ah, you two are too cute," Harries awes loudly.

You ignore the senior lifeguard and waltz over to your boyfriend and sit on his lap making sure to get him wet because you had to go out and do a rescue while he stayed up here nice and dry.

"Are you kidding me right now y/n?" he pouts.

You lean down and kiss his lips, "that's what you get for volunteering us to work the early shift on Christmas Day."

Kerrbox, Reidy and Harries can't contain themselves and burst into a fit of uncontrollable laughter. Jesse ignores them and kissed you back, but you knew he'd find a way to get you back.

"Sorry for volunteering us y/n, I won't next year."

I smile, "no problem, at least we get to spend the day together even if we are working."

"What the hell is going on in here?" Hoppo's stern voice rings through the tower.

You turn around, "Merry Christmas Hoppo."

Hoppo smirks, "Merry Christmas y/n. Just get back to work you guys."

He leaves the tower as quickly as he'd arrived, leaving the five of us to burst into more laughter, sometimes Hoppo just let our madness take over.