Whippet

Y/N

You and Whippet were on tower duty, but you'd run out of things to talk about since being best friends meant you told each other everything when something happened leaving nothing to talk about at work.

Maxi skips in the tower, "Hi guys, I took y/n's advice and tried baking to impress the new girl in my life. I want you guys to be the first ones to try the cookies," he says in a happy sing-song voice, putting a red tin down between the two of you.

You and Whippet share a look, a look that said you didn't want to eat the contents of the box. So you turn to Maxi who was watching you eagerly and fake smile, "we can't wait, but I think Hoppo wanted to see you in his office."

"I'll be back in a bit and you can tell me what you think," Maxi claps his hands together and leaves the tower.

"Did Hoppo really need to see him?" Whippet asks.

You shake your head and open the tin, "nope, but these cookies already smell questionable and I don't want to offend Maxi to his face."

Whippet nods and you take the lid off and put it to one side, staring at the cookies which looked okay but the smell was a little funky.

"Are they edible?" you question.

"I'm not sure y/n, I'll just..." he picks up a cookie and bites into it, and his mouth contorts, "...nope..."

He jumps up and runs over to the bin and spits out the cookie. You pick up one and sniff it, your recipe wasn't bad because you baked a batch last week and everyone loved them.

"Don't do it y/n..." Whippet gags, and hugs the bin.

Rolling your eyes, you take a much smaller bite and spit the cookie into your hand, and grab the bottle of water closest to you and down it feeling sick, "he put salt in the cookies. Salt wasn't an ingredient."

Whippet moves away from the bin and you toss your friend a bottle of water which he downs because the salt in this quantity didn't agree with you. What had possessed Maxi to put salt in them?

The tower door opens and Maxi walks in with Hoppo behind him, "err y/n, Hoppo didn't need to see me."

You shrug your shoulders, "sorry I must have misheard. The cookies are interesting Maxi, good for a first attempt."

Maxi chuckles, "that was my third attempt. Did you like them?"

Whippet shoots him a thumbs up gesture while nursing the bottle of water. Maxi fist pumps the air and leaves the tower to start his duty, "you guys can eat the rest if you like."

"They can't be that bad guys, here I'll try one," Hoppo interjects, and you and Whippet both shake your heads.

"You get him a water and I'll grab the bin," Whippet suggests.

You walk over to the fridge and grab another bottle of water, while Whippet standbys with the bin. Hoppo rolls his eyes and puts the whole cookie in his mouth, earning shocked gasps from the two of you.

"You're a brave man Hoppo, I need to get this on film."

You take out your phone and open Snapchat just as Hoppo's face contorts just like Whippet's did, "oh my god what the hell..." he gags, and grabs the bin from Whippet, "...what did he put in these?"

"He added salt, which I didn't put on the ingredient list. Do you see now why we didn't want Maxi in the tower while we tried the cookies?"

You approach Hoppo and hold out the bottle of water, "here this takes the salt taste away."

Whippet takes your phone and films while you pat Hoppo on the back who was gagging into the bin, "Maxi can't bake for shit! Leave the baking me to me from now on Maxi!"

Hoppo nods, "I agree 100%"

Whippet turns the phone onto his face and nods along, "RIP Maxi's new girl!"

You run up to Whippet and take the phone from him and end the Snapchat, "dude you can't announce that to the world, Maxi's going to kill you!"

Whippet laughs loudly and throws an arm around your shoulder, "not if Hoppo kills him first y/n."

Hoppo finally stops gagging and picks up the tin of cookies and throws them in the bin, "we never eat anything else Maxi brings in, agreed?"

You and Whippet nod "agreed."

Hoppo leaves, and the two of you go back to watching the beach. Whippet keeps sticking his tongue out which confuses you, "what the hell are you doing?"

Whippet lowers the binoculars and pouts, "I still taste salt y/n."

You pout back, "oh poor baby suck it up!"

Whippet rolls up a piece of paper and throws it at your head, if he wanted a battle then you would bring a war.