But her expression made it so worth it.

She stopped eating and stared at me like...like I could walk on water. A small smile was curving to her lips and she finally gave in and grinned. “You sound like a stalker.”

“If that’s how you think of it, that’s okay. But I do want you to consume my thoughts.”

“I know.” She whispers, then adds: “I want you to consume mine too.” A weird expression crept up her face and she wipes it away almost instantly. I wanted to ask her what was up but I think that maybe it would have ruined the ‘moment’ we were having from my confession. “So where are we going tonight?” she asks, interrupting my thoughts.

“Somewhere special...do you like surprises, Gabby?”

She grins. “I love them.”

“Then you’ll love what I have in store for you tonight.”

***
“She’s driving me insane.” I said quietly to myself. I left her in the room when Corrine interrupted. Apparently she couldn’t even go near Gabby but my grandmother did something—as a healer she could reform broken bonds. They weren’t in the same pack anymore but because of Gabby’s ‘restraining order’ to Corrine they really couldn’t be in the same room without one of them feeling some sort of shock.

It took a while but my grandmother managed to reform their bond and now Corrine was with Gabby...her face when she saw her friend. I don’t think I’d ever seen so much relief in Gabby’s face...I felt somewhat proud for being able to reunite her and her friend together.

I called Jordan up to the woods with me but he was shopping for engagement rings. He wanted to propose to Corrine—because of the pack and our open minds, he knew he had to do it soon so that it would be a surprise for her.

I wanted to surprise Gabby too....and I would. Tonight.

I had numerous thoughts...I could bring her to the  movies? But this was a first date and I didn’t want to creep my arm around her shoulder like a fourteen year old kid. We were way past the high school stage—I would never be able to profess my love for her in front of so many hormone-filled teenagers. I wasn’t about to bring her to some rich restaurant—she wasn’t like those materialistic girls who only care about what guys could give them rather than what guys could actually offer.

No. I needed to do something from my heart. She liked surprises—hopefully this would move her and tug on her poor, cold heart. I was going to do all I could so that I could get to her—reach her heart and make her mine. Technically—I would save Gabby.

“Been waiting long?” Jordan asks, interrupting my thoughts. He looks really disappointed.

“Didn’t find a ring?”

“Nothing said, ‘Corey’.” He sighed, and ran his hands through his hair—he looked tired.

I had a thought. “Your dad. Ask your dad for your mom’s ring.”

He stops, hand in his head and he nods. “Why didn’t I think of that?”

“Cause your lovesick.” I stated.

A smile instantly plastered on his face. “Thanks man. What would I do without you?”

“I don’t know. Now would be the right time to ask me if I would be your best man?”

“Who said you would be my best man?” he frowned.

I raised both my brows. “I’m not your best man?”

“Of course you are. You’re my best friend.” He said, grinning. “Now, what’s up? How’s Elle?”

“She’s okay. Making me insane though.”