lying awake (matt)

-Lucy's pov-
me and matt lay awake in bed, my head on matt's chest and his fingers are tracing on my back. it's 11:30pm, we have a packet of sour patch kids we are sharing and we both have a can of coke on the bedside table next to us. the tv isn't on, no music is playing and we aren't saying anything, its not an uncomfortable silence its a nice silence.
i get a message on my phone and i pick it up and read it, its from my mum. my dad has died. i knew he had cancer but i wasn't expecting it now, me and matt were just relaxing.
my eyes start swelling up and my mouth begins to tremble, i sit up and hold my knees against my chest and cry into my knees.
' hey, hey baby whats wrong!' he wraps his arms around my neck and he rests his head on my shoulder. i hand matt the phone and he looks at the message, he furrows his eyebrows and grabs my hand, he pulls my so i'm facing him.
' i'll take you to the hospital right now, only if you want to, if you dont we can stay here and i will look after you for as long as you need' he pulls me into a large hug and strokes my head.
i'm trying to hold in the tears but they wont stay in, i decide i can cry in front of matt.
as soon as he hears me start to sob he switches on the light and picks me up, he carry's me downstairs my legs around his waist and my arms wrapped around his neck crying into his shoulder
' come on babe, i'm taking you to the hospital to see your mum ok' he kisses my forehead and grabs the keys,
'do you want any snacks for the journey, the car rides a few hours
' matt you dont even have to drive me, its to late you can sleep i'll call Lucas (my brother) i'm sure he has just found o-out' i start to sob again.
' he opens the front door and takes me out, he wraps his hoodie around my to keep my warm.
' thank you matt' i kiss his cheek as he seats me in the front of the car. he smiles and shuts my door, he goes to the other side of the car and opens his door.
' i would do anything for you, Lucy, even if i was miles away then i would drive to your house, even if it was to just make you your favourite dinner' he puts his seatbelt on and puts a blanket on my that he got from the back of the car.
' i love you' i say and snuggle into my blanket
' i love you more' he says and starts the car
' i love you more than more' i giggle
' i love you most' he strokes my hair
' i love you mostest' i take his hand and look at him
' lets get going'