christmas (jack j)

-cathy's pov-
'merry Christmas, everyone!' the principal raised his hands and smiled.
there where shouts and screams from along the hallways, people throwing papers and books in the halls, just like in the American high school movies apart from we are in england and its called secondary school.

now, i didn't join in with the yelling and throwing stuff around as i'm not known as confident nor loud, but i'm quite and unpopular. i dont mind it to be honest, i like being alone, i like the quite.

i managed to make my way out of the crowded halls and through the large blue double doors and out into the white snow, the snow looks as if its been layered perfectly. there are Christmas lights hung from roof to roof, reefs on every door and snowmen made in the front garden of most houses, children throwing snowballs at each other them wearing scarfs and gloves and bobble hats. and then there's me. i was to interested in looking at the Christmas i bashed into someone whilst taking a picture of the huge Christmas tree in the center of the park.
'i'm so sorry, here' he hands me back my phone i dropped
' oh no no no, it wasn't your fault it was me' i take the phone and slip it in my pocket and then wiped my snowy hands on my jeans.
he did a quite little laugh and smiled
' whats so funny?' i ask taking my hair band off my wrist and pull my hair up into a pony tail.
' you uh, you have some snow on your nose' he laughs again and wipes it off with his thumb,
' ah ha, there we are all gone' he smiles and smiled wiped his now, snowy thumb on his jeans.
' thanks' i presume looking up at the tree.
' pretty isn't it' he says
' what, the tree? yeah its gorgeous' i smile and squint my eyes to see the lights go blurry.
' my mum put the star on' he pointed up at the star and his smile started to fade.
' you okay?' i asked this stranger
' yeah- yeah sorry, its just i haven't seen my mum for a while actually. she's in hospital in a coma'  he said looking down
' oh i hope she's okay' i do a side smile and pull a strand of my hair from the front of my pony tail down.
' she'll be fine, shes strong' he smiled and sighed. 'i'm jack' he said and stuck his hand out for me to shake.
' i'm Cathy' i took his hand and shook it back.
' nice to meet you, i really should get home though' i say, i start to walk away, just before i can he grabs my hand and says
' can i maybe please get your number?'

and that was just the beginning.