Somewhere Only We Know

Chapter 70

Somewhere only we know

Leda hummed a random tune as she ran the straightener through her long auburn-blondish hair. She had a big date tonight with a very hot guy and she wanted to look her best.

Her cell phone rang from the other room with the ringtone she had reserved for Audrey. She set the hot instrument on the bathroom counter and walked over to the bed.

"Hello?" she said.

"Leda, thank god you answered!" Audrey's voice was panicked, scared, and had a bit of hysterics to it. "Have you seen or heard from Mira in the last hour?"

Leda frowned, "no, I haven't talked to her in a few days. Why, what's wrong?"

At the Pascal house, Audrey sighed heavily and looked at her husband and the Ramseys.

"Seth and Mira ran away. We don't know where. All we have is a text message she sent me." Audrey looked down at her cell phone in her free hand and read over the text message one more time.

We are finally taking responsibility. Please don't worry about us. I don't know when we will be back.

The message was cryptic, and none of the adults knew what to do. Carolyn had received a similar message from her son, and she was just as worried.

"They ran away?" Leda asked in shock, "I... have you tried calling them?"

"Of course, it went straight to voicemail."

Leda let out a long breath and nodded her head. "I'll be over as soon as I can!"

"Is it... Manifest Destiny?" Paige asked with a small wince on her pretty face. She and Sara sat on her bed going over flashcards to help the blonde study for an upcoming test.

Sara flipped the card over and grinned, "That's right!"

Paige pumped her fist in victory, "Yes!"

Sara turned over the next flashcard when Paige's cell phone vibrated from beside her. Paige picked it up and frowned.

"Mira's calling me from home," she said in confusion. Mira only called from her own cell phone.

Sara shrugged and began reading the card, "Answer it."

Paige pressed 'answer', "Hey Mira,"

"It's not Mira," Audrey's voice came from the other end.

"Mrs. Pascal?" she asked with a frown. Sara frowned also and scooted closer to hear the conversation. Paige pulled it away from her ear and put it on speaker.

"Hello, Paige. Have you seen or heard from Mira tonight?"

"Um, no. I haven't talked to her since school ended. Why?"

"Can you tell me Sara's number? I have to call her next." She didn't answer Paige's question.

"Sara's sitting right here," Paige said.

"Hey, Mrs. Pascal," Sara said.

"I don't suppose you've seen or heard from Seth and Mira?" Audrey asked wearily.

"No, not since she left school. Is everything okay?"

"Um, no I'm afraid not. Paige sweetie, Marli is over at your house, will you ask her if she's heard from her sister?"

"Mrs. Pascal, what is going on?" Paige asked. There was a knot forming in both girls' stomachs, and they knew something was wrong.

"I'm afraid... Seth and Mira have run away."