Chapter Twenty Four: Reunited at Last

Start from the beginning

"I was so scared...." I whispered.

"I was too, Anya. But I'm here. We're here together and that's the only thing that matters now." He whispers back. I hug him tighter.

Reuniting after so long felt so good. But, of course, our moment together was short - lived, because minutes later, that women came back in the room to check up on us.

I also had many questions that I needed answers to.

"Anya, I know you're excited, but it's best if you don't move around right now, your body is still recovering from the procedure." The woman says, interrupting us.

Donovan looks at me and nods, and he lets me go before I manage to crawl back onto the metal table.

"Now, I've come back to explain and answer any questions you may add. I will explain everything from the moment of Donovan's capture, to your arrival at our facility. Then, you can ask me any questions you may have." She says.

I agree, and so does Donovan.

Then, the woman starts to speak.

"Contrary to popular belief, we do not work against werewolves nor vampires. The public may see us as some sort of a cruel lab, bent on experimenting on and torturing various creatures, but we do no such thing. And neither do we separate mates from each other. Instead, we are undercover saviors, if you will. If our true identity were to emerge to the public, well, all I can say is that the outcome wouldn't be very bright for me. I just thought I'd get that out of the way, first."

"What do you work to accomplish?" Donovan asks.

"We work to save those being oppressed by the current laws. We research and find ways to bring feral mates beck together, just like your case, Donovan. And we do that by taking some of the neurons from your mate and transferring them into you. You see, when one goes feral, they lose their human part. Their identities vanish, and it is believed to be irreversible. However, it is not, as you can see." She replies, smiling.

All I can say is that I'm lost in this scientific talk. I didn't exactly get an education on anything, really.

"But, let's start from the beginning of your journey. You see, when my team heard of another wolf tormenting the nearby towns, they knew it had gone feral. My team works to save and reverse that trait in wolves, and so we knew we had to get to you, Donovan, before the law did."

So they tracked my mate down and caught him first, then. I thought to myself.

"However, that proved to be futile. The government had caught you first, and well, I had to do a little bargaining. The government loves money, so, I just bribed them with my monthly paycheck, which pays really well." She says, smiling proudly.

"Any way, after I had gotten you in my custody, I brought you here, obviously. I contacted the Alpha that was holding Anya hostage and I forced him to surrender you to me. I made him believe that I would force the mate bond away from you, which would cause you to be completely broken, that is, if you survived the procedure."

I raised an eyebrow. "So to him, it would be a win-win situation. I would either come back to him broken or not come back at all because I would be dead if I survived this procedure."

"Correct." The woman answers. Donovan growled and fisted the blanket that was covering him in his hands.

"So, I performed the procedures on both of you once you both were unconscious. I transferred your sanity into Donovan, simply speaking. Your cells counteracted against his feral ones and, since you are a vampire, his feral immune cells were unable to fight your's off." She explains.

"But is this procedure temporary? What if her cells die off inside me?" Donovan questions.

"No, this is permanent. Her cells defeated your feral ones, and now they should be growing rapidly inside your body, permanently erasing any trace of the feral, wild animal you were forced into."

Donovan and I don't speak for a moment, obviously too shocked at the information.

"I-I had no idea you could do that." Donovan says.

"I'm too dumb to understand a word you even just said, but it sounded cool." I say honestly.

Donovan smiles at me and so does the woman.

"I really believe you both have the power to achieve big things, and I can only hope soon, that these laws that are set in place are reversed. You're not the only mated vampire and werewolf pairs, there are a lot more out there in the world, and I see many daily. This is something the government doesn't want anyone to know, lest there is an uprising." She says.

Donovan looks at me, and I know what he is thinking.

Uprising.

I know he is already formulating ideas.

"Could you maybe give me the contacts of these mated pairs?" Donovan asks, raising his eyebrows.

"I can, and I will give them to you once I admit you out of my facility."

"Thank you so much for this. Thank you so much for doing all of this for us, we really appreciated it. You've made my hopes come alive, and I cannot thank you enough." I tell the woman.

She smiles and nods. "You are very welcome, Anya. I wish you and your mate the best in life, and I'm sorry for any trouble I have put you through."

Donovan smiles. "Yes, thank you. Thank you so much. I-I thought I was never going to find my way back."

"You're welcome. I can assure you my team and I have been blessed to be able to help mates such as you two." She replies, "Oh, and call me doctor Sarah."

Finally, a name to a face.

When Doctor Sarah left, Donovan and I spent our time chatting and filling in what we both have been up to the last few months.

Donovan, of course, was furious when he heard of my captivity as a slave once more.

"A-and Brinley, oh god, Donovan. Brinley she.....she bought me at the slave auction and-"

"That bitch! How could she do that to you? I'm going to kill her!" Donovan shrieked in anger.

"N-no you can't kill her because she's dead."

"What?"

"She's dead, Donovan. S-she killed herself and I-I found her." I explain.

"Oh my goddess, you found her. I'm so sorry, nobody should ever have to see that."

"I am used to it. It just hurt a lot more because....well, because she was almost like a friend to me, as weird as that sounds."

"You sound upset. Dammit, if I could move right now, I would crush you into my arms. When I am able to move, you're not going to leave my side for the next few months, I ought to find a rope and tie us together. I have missed your touch so much-"

"You're a lovesick puppy," I reply, giggling, "But how can blame you when I want the same thing."

He chuckles.

"Soon, I will be able to flaunt you to the world. That is a promise, Anya. When the werewolf laws are no more, you will be my true queen for the whole world to see."

His words were sweet, but a dark truth was hidden behind them.

Violence will come.

*

*

*

Last chapter of the year 2018! :o This year has flown by so fast! It feels like just yesterday I was putting this author's note out....

Anyone plan on staying up till midnight this year for New Years?

Maybe I might so I can write all night xD

Until next year haha.....

Vote.

Comment.

Yay.