XL(II)

Scott

The air around me and Angel thickened and I already regretted coming here. I looked around, grimacing when I didn't see Him. I almost took Angel and I back home but a beam of light shone and He finally appeared.

I reached a hand around and grabbed onto Angel's waist, keeping him close as we stepped forward to the force field.

"Lucifer, little maggot. Glad you decided to show up, " He said, glaring at Angel who had his hands in the pockets of his suit.

"What is it that you need? We're quite busy if you must know." I asked.

"I know about your little church killings, Lucifer. You think they didn't disturb me but they did. Greatly, " He sneered.

"As if you've ever done anything about it in the last three centuries."

"You're young and naive, Lucifer. Can't control your own maggot, can't control your own people. Can't even know that your actions come with consequences, "

I rolled my eyes. "Is there a point to this?"

"Ah, there is." He snapped his fingers and the air continued to thicken, Angel starting to breathe heavily.

"I want you to know, Lucifer. You can't win this war against me. You will never be as powerful as your father. You're a weakling. A peasant." He said through gritted teeth. I tightened my hold on Angel's waist and He snapped his fingers again.

A beak of light shone behind him and Angel's friends were brought with one of His servants. The little bug walked forward and dropped the two on the ground. The sight had me in a cold sweat.

Angel's friends were bloody, beaten and scarred all over. They were practically dead as they laid on the floor in front of the border. The servant looked up at Him, his own little scar showing around his neck.

"That's is all, Bug. You may leave." A light shone and the servant disappeared.

"You're a demon." I sneered. "Even I am not this cruel to the ones who appear in Hell."

"People need to learn, Lucifer. You just kill them instantly, I let them feel the pain and torture them until they learn." I looked down at Angel who was frozen in place, his eyes wide as he stared at his friends. His eyes glistened a dark red and his fists clenched at his side.

"You're awful..." Angel whispered, shaking in his place.

"It speaks once again." He walked closer to the wall, crouching down lightly to meet Angel's eyes, though all Angel saw was darkness. "What was that you said, little maggot?"

"You're awful." Angel said louder, tears filling his eyes "You killed them! You're worse than the Devil and I'm standing right next to him!"

He snickered and stood up straight again. "Ah, it thinks it can hurt my feelings. It's cute."

Angel then turned to look at me. "Why are you just standing there?! Do something!" He shoved my chest and tears went down his cheeks.

"Angel, I can't do anything. It's already done, it can't be reversed." I said, holding his waist and trying to soothe him.

Angel whimpered. "They were my friends." I let out a defeated sigh and looked at Him.

"Give the two back to me. Send their souls to Hell and I will dispose of them properly."

He looked at the two humans on the floor then back at me. "Oh, they're still alive. Just barely but they are. I'm just showing you that if you continue to kill my believers, these two will cease to exist and-" He stopped when Angel let out a growl and I widened my eyes as the small boy cried out.

"I'll fucking kill you!" Angel screamed and ran forward towards the wall. I lunged forward to grab his arm but he had already gotten through. He had grabbed Angel by his neck as I had a hold on Angel's arm.

"What the fuck..." I whispered as Angel was still alive, letting out choked gasps as his neck was squeezed. The barrier shaped around Angel's body and sent a small tingle through his skin though he wasn't in any pain aside from Him holding his throat.

"You really think this wall could kill you, Lucifer? You really are naive. It was a tale told to us as children, it is a joke just like you and this bug!" He pulled back sharply, throwing Angel onto his side of the barrier. Angel started struggling to get to his feet as the force of His power started to affect him. I took in several breathes, staring at the wall with disbelief in my eyes. I wanted to step forward, get Angel and his friends and go back to Hell but my body just wouldn't respond.

Angel tried to crawl to his friends but his back was stepped on making him cry out. Anger filled my eyes as He started to put pressure on Angel's body and I growled lowly. "Don't you fucking touch him."

He turned to see me and I saw a white light between all the darkness in the cloth He wore. A cold bead of sweat ran down the back of my neck at the sight but once He put more pressure and I heard a crack and a cry come from Angel, I yelled out, running through the barrier, ignoring the pain from his power and bringing my hands together.

I gathered as much demonic energy as I could and threw it all at Him. He was thrown back by the force and I ran over to Angel, my body struggling against the force of His power. I tried to fight it as much as I could and I got to my knees, cradling Angel in my arms and pulling him in my lap.

"I'm sorry, Angel. I'm so sorry I brought you to this, " I whispered, bringing a hand to Angel's face and pulling his head up. "Angel, look at me, come on, baby."

Angel took in deep breaths and looked up at me with broken red eyes. "Blondie... Help them, please... Send them to Amenadiel, one of your siblings. Please..." He croaked. I grabbed Angel's chin and pulled him up, kissing him hard and as long as I could.

I noticed He had gotten up and was treading towards us. I stood up, laying Angel on the ground before limping over to his friends. I dropped down between them and brought both of them onto my lap. I looked up as He went over to Angel and grabbed his shoulders, lifting him up and holding onto him with one arm.

I widened my eyes when He lifted his hand, hovering it over Angel's face. I clenched my hands when a beam of light came from His hand and pierced right through Angel's right eye. I took in rapid breaths when Angel collapsed on the ground and I felt pain all throughout my body

"Little bug is finally gone." He said and stepped back, staring at me.

"If you do this, the world won't ever be the same," I growled as He walked near me.

"Don't worry, Lucifer. Amenadiel will balance the world out." He replied and rose his hand. I took another look at Angel's dead body and let several growls in my chest rumble before I let out a blood-curdling scream. Pure black wings, tattered, misshaped and missing several feathers sprouted from my back just as the beam of light from His hand came out and I brought Angel's friends closer to me and my large wings covered us three.

I winced as the light pushed pressure against the front of my wings and I brought my hands together, praying as hard and loud as I could. I mumbled words to myself and soon, Angel's friends disappeared. I sent another prayer to Amenadiael, thanking him before gathering the rest of my power. I stood up, still blocking His beam as I stepped forward.

I separated my wings and shot my power at him then ran over to Angel, letting His power finally consume me and I dropped to my side, cradling Angel's dead body. No blood came out of his eye or the back of his head but his right eye was gray and dull apart from his left which was still the beautiful brown colour I first fell in love with.

"I love you, Angel. So, so much," I heard Him stepping over to us and I brought one wing over, bringing Angel closer to me. "I'm sorry, Mitch. I'm sorry I brought you to this." I whispered, kissing his cold forehead and bringing him close to my chest.

"How sweet, Lucifer. You still care for the bug." All I saw was white as I grabbed Angel's hand and pressed one last kiss to the top of his head.

*******************