XXXIX

Mitch

By the time I woke up that night, I found myself sitting on a large windowsill, a large number of books scattered around my body. My eyes adjusted to the darkness of the library and I blinked, seeing everything around me clearly. I stood up and made all the aches in my neck and torso go away before going up the spiral staircase up to the floor level of the mansion.

"Blondie?" I called out in the dark hallway and didn't receive a response. I went to the second floor and went into our room, frowning when it was empty.

I was walking down the hallway to where I hoped Blondie's office was and stopped suddenly in my tracks when a small jolt went through my head and I looked around me. My eyebrows went up in confusion and I turned around to the stairs. I went down them and to the living room, sitting on the couch and swallowing the lump in my throat.

Another jolt went through me and I looked back to the top of the stairs, grinning when I saw Blondie shirtless and scratching the back of his head as his eyes glowed the similar color I see every day. I stood up and walked over, wrapping my arms around Blondie's torso and kissing his chiseled chest.

"There you are," Blondie said sleepily. "Were you in the library all night?"

"Yes, I fell asleep when reading, where were you?" I responded and Blondie picked me up in his arms and teleported us to our room.

"I fell asleep in my office. Are you ready for bed?" Blondie set me on the bed and took his pants off and left himself in his boxers. I got under the silk blanket and Blondie followed.

"Yeah. It's weird, I've been getting weird headaches the past few days. It's like I black out for a few seconds and then I'm just left in a state of confusion." I noticed Blondie's skin had gone a bit cold as I spoke but I ignored it and scooted up to him.

In the morning, I woke up to a cold bed and the bedsheets tucked under my sides. I looked around the room and my eyes landed on the vanity sitting in the far corner. As I crawled off the bed, the large red doors opened and fear trickled down my spine as I saw a tall redhead coming from the hall. He looked at me and his eyes glistened red.

Blondie walked over to me and lifted my chin, kissing me on the forehead before going to the closet. I rose an eyebrow at him and looked at where I was. I shrugged and left the room, going down to the kitchen and making myself breakfast.

-

"Blondie?" I walked into Blondie's office and saw him reading a hologram file, his hand over his mouth. He saw me and swiped the file away quickly before I got a chance to see what he was looking at. "It's time to go Trick or Treating," I said seductively and walked over to Blondie and moved his chair from his desk to get on his lap.

"Is it Halloween already?" Blondie asked, trailing his fingers over my exposed thighs. He put them under my skirt but I pushed his hands away to grab his chin and kiss him.

"Yes and I want to go scare some people," I said and leaned back with Blondie's hands supporting my back and keeping me from falling.

"I thought you said I couldn't show my Devil face." Blondie licked my chin and nibbled at my bottom lip.

"I know, but it's Halloween so you get a get out of jail free card." I stood up and grabbed Blondie's hand and pull him off the chair. "Now get your face on."

*******************