II

Mitch

I groaned as I felt myself start to wake up. My eyes fluttered open and I briefly wondered why there was no sunlight. I was met with a dimly lit room, with only one torch in the corner. A black sofa was across from the bed and bookshelves covered the walls. I scrambled to lift the blankets that covered my body and sighed in relief when I was still fully dressed. How and when did I get here? This has to be a fucking dream.

I slowly lifted myself out of the bed, tiptoeing on the soft plush carpet. I looked around for someone but found that I was alone. I walked over to the only door in the room and ran my hands over the carved wood before pushing it open. It opened to a small hallway with a grand rose red carpet covering the floor. Small torches were spread across the corridor. Wooden doors went along the hallway for as far as I could see.

When did my dreams become so medieval?

I started to run down the hallway and found a ground staircase that leads to a ginormous living room. A chandelier glittered in the center and the sparkling limestone floor summoned me to the room. Blood red furniture decorated the edge of the grand room. While vast black draperies hung along the walls. I was in awe at the beauty of this palace. If only I could afford to live in something like this.

I started to walk down the grand staircase that had a red carpet draped on the steps. After I got into the living room, I noticed there was a ballroom and walked to it. Once I got into the room and slipped on the shined floor, I started to dance, pretending I had a handsome prince to accompany me as I spun around the room. I closed my eyes imagining music and thousands of people watching me dance.

Suddenly a large hand appeared on my waist and another held my hand that was in the air. My eyes shot open and I gasped at the sudden feeling of someone near me.

A tall man stood in front of me with pricing blue eyes, his icy stare made me freeze. He had bright red hair that looked soft and wavy. "May I have this dance?" The man asked me in a low whisper. Those eyes. The hypnotizing blue looked so familiar.

"W-who... who are you?"

"More importantly, who do you think I am?"

I was pulled back into the dance, the slippery floor giving me no chance of stopping myself with my feet. I squeaked in surprise and grabbed at the mysterious man's arms, a low chuckle rumbling in his chest. He quickly scooped me up into his arms, bridal style, after catching me. I blushed in embarrassment, before trying to get away from his grip.

"Get away from me!" I shrieked, leaping out of his arms and onto the ballroom floor. I quickly started to dart towards the staircase. He suddenly zoomed up to me with superhuman speed. I gasped, as I was thrown over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

Squirming, screaming, and scratching, I tried to escape his hold on my legs.

"This is kidnapping! Let me go!" I cried, hitting his back that was covered with black gauzy material. He started to ascend up the stairs, completely ignoring my protests. Calmly walking back down the hallway I ran out of and back to the same room. He laid me down on the black blanket draped across the bed and stood on his knees, towering above me.

"Kidnapping? You belong to me." He stared at me with his hypnotizing icy blue eyes and he bent his arms just enough so his face was near mine. He stared at me for good while, chills running down my spine.

"W-Why are you staring at me?" I asked hesitantly.

"Because you're my beautiful queen." The man said slowly. I started to shake in fear, dream or not, I was scared shitless.

 "Queen?" I questioned, utterly confused. Who does he think he is? A King?

"A story for another time." He said getting closer towards me. I strained my neck to look up at his face, bewildered at his strange behavior.

My hands were behind me, supporting all my weight. They gripped the silky sheets, out of fright from the man. "Please tell me where I am," I asked, desperate for an answer to this elaborate equation I couldn't solve.

"Well sweetheart, welcome to Hell."

*****************************