XXXII

Mitch

I gripped Blondie's hand as we stepped through the portal, arriving in an alleyway somewhere in London. I fixed my hair and stepped over to a metal trashcan, bending down and making sure my hair was ridden of its red colour. I went back to Blondie who was swiping his fingers through his hair. He smiled at me then held out a hand.

I placed my hand in Blondie's and he pulled me close, one hand going to my waist. His eyes glittered their familiar red and I felt myself go slack. He cradled the side of my head and leaned close, kissing me then pulling away. I regained my balance and coughed lightly.

"So, where to first?" I asked, staring up at Blondie.

"I'm not too sure. I didn't exactly take the time to look for a restaurant. How's window shopping for you? We can look for a place to eat while we walk." Blondie said and I placed my hand around his bicep as he lead us out of the alleyway.

-

"So, how'd you like it?" I asked, looking up at Blondie as we headed out of the restaurant.

"My steak was overcooked." Blondie groaned. "Though the wine was pretty decent."

"Your steak was rare, Scott," I said as we passed by a group of other couples drunkenly stumbling across the sidewalk.

"Yes it was but I do enjoy a good slice of bloody meat," Blondie mumbled and looked down at me. "How about you, did you enjoy it?"

"My steak was too rare." I looked up at Blondie and stuck my tongue out of him as he stared at me. I looked around the shops around stopped at a music shop. Blondie kept walking but stopped when I tugged his arm.

"Something wrong?" Blondie asked, turning to me and following my gaze. My mood dropped and I headed into the shop, turning down an aisle and picking up a vinyl case. "Angel?"

I set down the case and flipped through the many, many sets. "The only thing I miss about being down here. My old job." I felt Blondie's pity stare and I looked up at him.

"Excuse me, we're closing." I turned around to see an employee coming down an aisle.

"Oh, I'm sorry, we'll leave right away-"

"Don't you see my Queen is upset? Leave him be." Blondie growled and I snapped my head over to him.

"Queen? What is this, some kind of foreplay? You two need to leave, now." The man said.

I turned to Blondie and pushed on his chest. "And we are, aren't we Scott?" I said through gritted teeth. Blondie grabbed my wrists and tugged me to the side, being careful not to hurt me.

"I'm sure I can make a deal with this fellow," Blondie said, staring at the worker and his eyes changed and the room felt heavy as a loud noise rung through the room then everything stopped and went to normal. All in just a millisecond. The worker lets out a scream and backed away, falling on his back and scrambling away in fear.

"Please don't kill me! I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

"Blondie, what are you thinking?" I yelled, slapping his chest and grabbing his suit to turn him to me.

"What do you mean? This bastard doesn't have any respect for those in mourning. He deserves to be punished." Blondie said, pointing at the sobbing man on the ground.

"You've been down here for forty, maybe fifty years but do you not have the knowledge to not let people know you're the devil?!" I scolded.

"I don't see the problem with it, I've done it several times," Blondie said with a raised eyebrow.

I looked up at him and stuttered on my words for a moment. "Let's just get back down to Hell. We've spent enough time here." Blondie tried to create the portal with a snap of his fingers but I stopped him immediately. "Not here, you idiot."

*********************