XXXVIII

Scott

I pushed open the doors to the library, nearly praying that Angel was inside the room. I had searched every other room in the mansion and couldn't find him anywhere. I let out a breath of relief when I saw Angel sitting on the lower level of the library, one of the black bean bags practically swallowing him whole as he read one of the Harry Potter books. I teleported to him and Angel hardly flinched. He grabbed his bookmark and set it on the page he was at, then rested the book on his chest and looked up at me.

"I'm busy." He sassed.

"And you have work to do." I grabbed Angel's hand and teleported us outside of the mansion where my motorcycle was sitting and already revved up.

"What do you mean work?!" Angel said and pulled his arm back and looked up at me with his arms crossed like a child.

"One of your rules said that you wanted to advertise for all the stores in town and we don't have the proper male model to fit the dresses and suits needed for the photo shoot." I sat on the motorcycle and Angel situated himself in front of me.

"Oh damn, it's like I'm back on Earth. Almost every week someone would come by just to ask me if I would model for their company. Also, I didn't think the town would be this lively." I huffed, using my feet to push the motorcycle then I started driving down the walkway and into the town.

"You wanted this... So I gave it to you." I said over the sound of the motorcycle, mumbling a few words so Angel couldn't hear. "If only I could've given you your friends."

Angel put down the particle barrier and he enjoyed the way the breeze felt but his shoulders slumped when I put the barrier back up. "I don't need you dying if we wreck."

"No one barely even uses cars in this town." Angel pouted and leaned against my chest.

"Not my fault you're that distracting." I huffed and parked in front of one of the many stores. I made the motorcycle disappear as I got off of it and Angel and I walked up to the storefront. I stood outside the building as Angel walked in, only taking half an hour before walking back out with a tight, snazzy suit on. He did a little waltz as he came to me and grinned.

"As much as I enjoy dresses, suits don't look half bad on me." Angel did a turn and made jazz hands as he did a small tap dance. I rose an eyebrow at him then pushed myself off the wall I was leaning against.

"Are you ready?" I asked, using my hand to make the motorcycle reappear and I sat down.

"What's got you down in the dumps?" Angel pouted, undoing the button on his blazer before throwing his leg over the bike and sitting down.

"It's nothing. It's just weird seeing so many people walking and talking like they're not living in Hell." I groaned and reached around Angel to start the drive home. Angel stayed quiet and was quick to discard his suit and change into day clothes the second we got home. He rushed back to the library and I watched him leave with guilt in my eyes.

I went upstairs to my office and shut the door behind me. I swiped a hand next to me and opened up a portal that showed Angel using one of the ladders to scoot around the shelves to sort the books that he had taken out and read. I shut the portal and swiped my hand over my desk, sorting the files and papers scattered across and pulled up an empty file.

I pressed record and started thinking, my thoughts typing out onto the file.

**********************