VII

Scott

I lead my queen back into the dining room, my hand magnetically attached to his lower back as we walked. I pulled out his chair that was right next to my regular seat, seating him down and pushing him in close to the table as I disappeared into the kitchen.

I took the roast out of the oven and set it on the counter as I grabbed two bottles of seasoning, popping open the bottles and seasoning the roast a bit more than necessary, cutting the roast up and putting slices on a plate along with the carrots, zucchini and squash slices.

I grabbed a ladle and dipped it into the container the roast was held in, gathering a bit of the gravy and covering the roast in it, carrying the plate to the stove and opening the pots of mashed potatoes and scooped a good filling into a different ladle and plopping it on the plate, opening a pot of corn and doing the same thing and filling my own plate.

I placed the two plates on a serving tray and placed it on a cart that had two sets of silverware sitting next to the trays. I then grabbed a bucket of ice from the freezer and placed it on the tray as I grabbed a bottle of Chardonnay and two wine glasses.

I set them on the tray and walked to the fridge to grab two small molten lava cakes from the bottom drawer, I warmed them up with my hands and placed it on the cart to cover them with a lid along with everything else.

I grabbed the handle of the cart and pushed it out of the kitchen and walked over to the table, tapping my queen on his shoulder.

"Miss me?"

"No. I missed the food." He teased, looking up at me.

I laughed sarcastically, opening all the lids besides the molten lava cakes to keep them warm under the lid. I served him his plate and set mine down, opening the Chardonnay bottle and pouring us both half of a glass. I set the glasses down and situated myself in my seat, staring at my love as he took his first back, nearly moaning at the taste.

"Like it?" I asked, taking my fork and stabbing it into the medium-rare meat and taking a bite myself.

"Oh my god yes! It's amazing! How'd you learn to cook like this?!" He exclaimed and I cringed as he said the word 'god'.

"Well, I actually don't cook it myself. This mansion is a lot more designed than you think."

"You have a machine that does this?!"

"Bingo," I said as I took a small sip of my wine.

"Do you ever just cook by yourself?"

"Not usually, only when it's something simple like bacon and eggs or a cake. But I lived alone so I didn't have to cook for anyone or anything."

"Not even a pet?" He asked sadly.

"Nope."

"Have you ever had a pet?"

I thought for a moment. "No."

"Aw, you're a sad man."

I glared at my love making him giggle and jump out of his seat to come and hug me. "I'm just joking!"

"You better be. I'm sensitive."

"Oh, the bad demon man is a sensitive boy?" He giggled again and sat in his chair, continuing to eat his dinner.

"Better behave or you're not getting any cake."

His eyes lit up and he looked around. "You have cake?!"

"Yes, molten lava, you eat your dinner and I'll let you have one."

He pouted but ate nonetheless making me smile.

Once we were down with dinner, I took both of our plates into the kitchen and placed them in the sink as I grabbed two freshly clean plates and a knife and walked back to the table to set them down.

I grabbed the cakes and made sure they were warm as I set them down on the table and held out a napkin to my queen.  Once I grabbed my slice and sat down, he dug into the cake and was done before I could even take my first bite.

"Good?" I asked, using my spoon to gather some of the chocolate that dripped from the cake on the tray and dipped the spoon into my mouth.

Angel giggled and used his finger to gather some of the chocolate, rubbing his finger against my nose. "Oops. I made a mess." He giggled, sticking his finger into his mouth to suck the rest of the chocolate off.

I dipped two fingers into the chocolate and rubbed it against his neck, having to chase him halfway down the table in order to do so.

"Oops." I mocked. "I made a mess."

"Better clean it." He teased, staring up at me with his gorgeous brown orbs.

I smirked and leaned down to lap up the chocolate, letting my lips linger on his neck for a while before I pulled away and started cleaning up.

"Would you like to relax in the living room? We can watch some movies."

He yawned loudly and laid against the side of the table. "No, I'm tired."

I pushed the cart into the kitchen and let it sit in the middle of the room as I walked over to Angle and picked him up bridal style.

I carried him up to my room and laid with him on the bed. I pressed two fingers to the middle of my arm and trailed them down to my hand, stopping when I hit my wrist, seeing the lights had dimmed down. As he got comfy against my side, I started to wonder.

Was he pretending to have fun with me just to get on my good side?

**************************