XII

Scott

I closed the portal to Hell as fast as I could and heard commotion nearby so I grabbed Angel's hand and ran down the alley the opening was in front of. I picked him up and threw him over a fence then I walked through it and caught him in my arms. I continued to run until I was certain we were a safe distance away. I set Angel down and ran my fingers through my hair and watched Angel's eyes widen when my hair changed in color. I saw a broken bottle on the ground and grabbed it to make sure my whole head of hair turned blonde.

"Whoa! I wanna do that!" Angel said childishly.

"One day," I said, tossing the bottle on the ground and listening to it shatter as I patted Angel's head. "Alright, take me to your apartment so I can meet your friends."

Angel grabbed my hand and started tugging me down the streets of the unknown. He had a wide grin on his face and I knew we were getting closer and closer to his apartment since he started skipping between his steps. We arrived in front of a large building in little time and we made our way through the lobby. I let go of Angel's hand so I could make myself invisible to the security cameras and he wouldn't look like he was crazy; pulling an invisible person's hand. He looked back at me and I placed a finger over my lips and pointed towards what I'm guessing were the elevators.

Angel walked into the elevator and I stepped in beside him. "I made myself invisible to the cameras," I said quickly, hoping Angel caught on quickly. He nodded and I let out a sigh of relief before I felt my stomach rise up and tingle my chest. Angel noticed my change in facial features and he giggled to himself. The elevator moved up and made me feel queasy. I nearly fell to my knees when it came to a stop on a floor.

The doors opened but Angel didn't step off, instead, a small family stepped in and I stepped in the corner of the elevator to make more room, knowing the family could see me crystal clear. I growled lowly when the last kid stepped onto the elevator, holding an ugly animal. It was brown with a small hint of pink, hairless besides its head, the tip of its tail, its paws and ears. It didn't seem to notice my presence until I let out a deep sigh and its head whipped around and stared right into my eyes.

I placed a hand on Angel's hip for reassurance. He looked at my hand and placed his on top of mine. The animal growled lowly before letting out a short bark. Luckily the elevator had moved upwards as the animal and I had our staring contest. Angel latched onto my hand and tugged me out of the elevator as it came to another stop. Once the doors closed, Angel turned around and placed a hand against my cheek.

"If we're going to be here for a little bit, you need to learn not to stare at other people or any animals like that. It's rude. I figured you would've known that."

I frowned and crossed my arms but nuzzled my cheek into Angel's palm. "Fine." He started walking down the hallway. "But the creature started it first!" 

Lies. I looked at it first.

********************