45

~ Black Out ~

Veronica

"Preston...?" I whisper.

He whips his gun around and faces us fully.

Austin quickly steps into the room and I follow along with the rest.

The door quickly shuts with a loud bang from behind us as a loud shout rings out from behind the door.

Austin keeps his gun raised and so does Preston.

I am hesitant deciding if I should put my gun down or not...

Preston isn't a bad guy?

"Preston... what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be... you know, at the gang house? Holding down the fort" he says anxiously.

"Really?" Preston says, his eyes are darker as a bad feeling starts to develop inside of me.

"Preston, why are you here?" Drake asks his gun down by his side.

Preston looks over at him and shakes his head.

"You really think that Austin isn't going to break?" Preston says out of no where.

"What are you talking about?" I ask as I step closer, Preston looks at me and his eyes soften.

"Your with someone who has a chemical imbalance, just like his dad, his dads dad, and so on" Preston says waving his gun at Austin making everyone fun go up being pointed on Preston.

"He is psycho Veronica! Crazy!"

"You wanna know his story?"

"Preston stop, come on, stop messing around" Austin says getting mad.

"His dad murdered Austin's sister and my brother!" He yells.

I furrow my brows and look over at Austin who ignores my gaze.

"His grandfather murdered his wife because he was convinced that she cheated, and then killed his daughter who was only five months old because he didn't believe it was his"

"Preston, okay, what does this have to do with me!?" Austin says getting irritated.

"You used to go to a psychotherapist! Because you hear voices and now your taking medication!"

"You have your fathers voice to hurt people, your loved ones, don't you!?" Preston yells.

"Your dad killed my brother! You have your dads disease!" He yells again the gun shaking in his hand.

Tears are coming to the surface knowing these things about Austin.

"I don't hear my dads voice!" Austin yells ten times louder.

"Don't lie!" Preston says

"So I'm going to end the line of psychos of this family" he growls and pulls the trigger.

I scream and Austin pushes me back, I slide back and Austin's back hits into me.

I quickly get in front of him ready to see if he was shot but he was fine... he was fine...

But drake wasn't...

"Drake!" I yell

I hear a yell and I turn to see Jeremy raising his gun, a loud bang goes off and I cover my ears.

Preston drops to the ground and my eyes widen.

What the fuck is happening!?

"You killed him!?" I said to Jeremy