14

~ I Fell Too ~

Austin

She left and I sighed and walked back into the kitchen.

"Hey, why do you look so down?" Drake asks

I shrug and go to the basement, I open the door and lock it behind me, I make my way downstairs as it was cold.

I walked over to the tarp and pull it off, I run my hand over the black shiny surface.

I sit down on the bench and open the top.

I run my hands over ivory keys and press down hard, a B-note rings out and I sigh

"Your thumb has to be on the c," I tell her placing her hands in the right area,

"And your other hand is going to be an octave lower"

She presses down and I smile, she carefully moves her fingers down and I nod.

She plays well for a beginner and is amazing.

"Austin, can you play for me?" Lexie begged with her blue eyes.

I ruffle her hair and nod, I take a seat.

"I wrote this song," I say 

I play one hand playing a B flat scale and the other mixing with a low D.

I run my fingers quickly across the ivory keys as soft music plays through the air, I find myself getting deeper as the music becomes heavier, I reach the ending throwing my right hand down on a low note and end it with higher notes carrying out the melody.

"That was beautiful" She whispers

"I will play like you one day"

I find my eyesight blurry as I slam down on the keys, the music much darker, I speed up and push down harder.

My fingers go weak as I stop, I lean my head on the edge of the Paino as I see my tears fall on the keys.

I feel my eyes get heavy and I fall asleep.

--

I am awoken by a loud banging noise, it is coming from the door, I stand up and rub my eyes before making my way towards the basement door, I climb the steps and open the door, a girl falls on me and I fall back on my ass with her on top of me.

I look up as Veronica looks around ignoring my existence.

Her eyes land on the piano and I start to freak.

"Why are you down here?" I ask 

"You opened the door," She says sarcastically, We both stand up and I get in front of her before she can move.

"Get out," I say rather harshly, I see her stare flatter.

"I SAID GET OUT" I yell.

She winces and steps away from me, my anger boils and I notice her hands are shaking again.

I reach out but she turns away walking out of the basement.

"Fuck" I yell and punch the cement wall.

I wince and shake out my hand, I walk back up the steps shutting the basement door.

Why was she here? And why was she banging on the door? What if there was an emergency?

Stop, she probably thought you were Preston or something.

I miss her touch and the heat that radiates off her body, her smile and her beautiful eyes.