35

~ I Always Win ~

Veronica

"Shit" I say out loud and slide off of the bed, I walk over to Matthew and mess with his curly hair.

I walk down stairs and hear her yelling, I flinch and turn the corner.

Drake stands there wide eyed why she yells a bunch of curse words at him.

"Aunt Jessie?"

She whips around and runs over to me pulling me into a hug.

"Where have you been young lady?" She scolds pulling back

"I just got back from New York, I know I have to stay here for a while"

She shakes her head "Your mother was involved with all of this..."

My eyes widen "you knew!?" I ask shocked

"I thought I could protect you from this but someone-" she glares behind me "pulled you into it"

I turn around to see Austin with his lips in a thin line.

I turn back to face my Aunt Jessie.

"You, are coming home with me," She says and pulls on my arm, I open my mouth to protest but Austin beats me to it

"Your niece is in danger and we are the only ones who can protect her in this situation."

"Is this true?" She turns to me with wide eyes, I bit my lip and nodded slowly.

"Tell me"

After an hour she has left, it involved a lot of tears and she finally accepted it and left, I am currently curled up on the couch, my emotions are scattered as I rub my hands together.

"Ronnie?"

I hum in response and he sighs, "Let's go to bed"

I nod slowly but don't move, I look over at him and a small smile forms on his lips realizing what I want him to do.

He comes over to me and picks me up with ease and I lay my head on his shoulder and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Don't you want to call your boyfriend?" He says with venom dripping off the word boyfriend.

"Eh" I answer honestly, he doesn't reply.

I guess he is content with that answer, we make our way into his room and he lays me down gently on his bed.

He joins me and I myself wrap my arms around him, he is shocked but returns it.

"I know your deepest secret" I whisper

He tenses against me and I let out a laugh, "I'm joking"

He relaxes a little bit and burrows his face into my neck, he presses a kiss against my skin licking over a sensitive part making me shiver.

"Go to sleep" He whispers and stops kissing my neck, I sigh and close my eyes taking in his scent.

And soon, I fall asleep.

------------------------------

I punch the punching bag over and over.

A hair falls in my face and I do a roundhouse kick, sweat dripping down my body.

I yell loudly and punch do a quick double punch and it sends it flying back.

"Darling, calm down," Austin says

I turn towards him and glare "Never tell a woman to calm down"

He throws his hands up and I grab the punching bag, I throw a couple more punches before Austin grips my waits.