36

~ Lies ~

Veronica

I walk out of the basement and spot Maverick walking down the hallway.

"Ricky" I call out and run down the hallway after him.

"Ricky please talk to me," I say and tug on his arm.

He turns around and shakes his head at me.

"Who are you, Veronica? You are not the same person I met four months ago," He says anger flashes through his eyes.

"But I am Ricky"

"No, you are cheating on Allen!? Who the fuck does that to their best friend, oh I know who, Veronica Smith, the slut" He says glaring at me.

"Ricky" I whisper out

"Don't fucking call me that! Only true friends can call me that"

He glares at me one more time before tugging his arm out of my grasp.

I watch him as he continues to walk away as I feel my self-falling, mentally.

My hands start to shake and I turn my head, I quickly walk towards the back door, I ignore Austins calls as I reach outside, the cool air hits my exposed skin.

I let out a shaky breath and I walk towards the garden, my eyes scan over the flowers.

You are a slut

He was right

I look down at my wrist and rub the faded white marks.

Allen was there for me my whole life and here I am breaking his heart without him knowing.

I gulp and bite my lip holding back my tears.

I hear yelling from the front of the gang house as I see some guards running towards the front, I raise an eyebrow and then jog towards the front.

I then see Maverick and Austin, they are yelling at each other as people start to crowd around them, I push through just in time to see Austin throw a punch.

"NO" I scream, anger running through my veins, I step in between them and shove Austin back.

All eyes are on me as gasps surround us.

yeah, be shocked that a girl just pushed your gang leader.

"You, have no right to touch him" I growl

"Thank you" I hear Maverick scoff, I turn around and glare at him.

"Shut the fuck up and get out of here" I growl at him, he is taken back.

Why should I care? He just fucking called me a slut and said I wasn't a real friend.

He turns around slowly before angerly storming me off.

"And you," I say turning back around to face a fuming Austin

"What the hell is your problem! You can't just go around punching people!" I yell in his face.

"He called you a fucking slut Ronnie, what do you think I'm just going to let people walk all over you?" He growls in my face.

I hit his chest hard and let out a small yell.

"That's not your job!"

"It's not like you were sticking up for yourself! You just let him walk all over you"

"I let him because he was fucking right" I hissed at him, tears now prickling at my eyes.

"Ronnie"

"NO! Just stop Austin! Don't you get it! We aren't meant to be together, all we do is argue and hurt people!" I yell.

I notice that the most of his gang is gone.

"So your gonna tell me that every time I touch you," He says grabbing my waist pulling me into his chest.

"And every time I hold your hand" He whispers interlocking out hands, warmth spreads through me as chills go down my spine.

"And every time I hold you," He says pulling me closer.

"Does it really show that we hate each other?" His hot breath fans my neck, I let out a soft whimper and push him back.

I shake my head at him, and the words that aren't even true.. leave my lips before I can stop them.

"Just because I'm attracted to you physically or sexually doesn't mean I'm attracted to you mentally"

I watch as his eyes go vulnerable, the broken look on his face bringing tears to my eyes, his lips part as his eyes dart away from mine, tears evident in his eyes,

As his lip curls, I let tears fall, I push past him to see Jenny, James, Drake, and Preston.

Jenny looks sad as she watches me, I push past them and run up the staircase, I hear footsteps behind me as I run into my bedroom.

I try to shut the door but Jenny slips in before I can.

She grabs my shoulders and pulls me in for a hug, I hug her back as I sob onto her shoulder.

"Shh," She whispers and rubs my hair.

"Let's sit down and talk," She says and grabs my hand, she leads me towards my bed as we take a seat on it.

"Why would you say those things? We both know they aren't true."

"I can't hurt Allen, he is my best friend and my boyfriend, I am going to break him"

"I think Allen might think differently" She mumbles quietly.

"What?" I ask

"You and Allen need to talk because you didn't break Allen, you broke Austin" She whispers

I feel my heart clench and I shake my head.

"No, Austin doesn't need love, he told me himself," I say and tears roll down my cheeks again.

"He also told you he was in love"

I lean my head on her shoulder and let out a gasp for air, I cry more,

Fuck, Austin keeps getting me all emotional.

"I know you're a strong girl, but I think a part of you really needs Austin," She says to me, I sit up and shake my head,

"I have never needed a guy before so why does it change now!?" I cry out

"Because Austin makes you feel complete, I notice it, yes you guys argue all the time but its because both of you are too scared to accept your in love"

Her words sink into my head but hit my heart hard.

Scared of love? Am I scared to love?

"B-but what about Allen?" I whisper and look up at her.... why is everyone taller than me?

"Like I said, you guys need to talk, and soon," She tells me, my eyes are heavy from all the crying and I rub them.

"Get ready," She says and stands up