29

~ Those Blue Eyes ~

Veronica

I place my clothes into the drawers and push them closed.

I haven't spoken a word to Austin since we reached the hotel in New York.

For someone who had a lot of money only got three rooms, and of course, Drake got one by himself and James and Matthew share one

So he left me, stuck, in a room with him.

I turn back around and see tanned muscled back.

My eyes move swiftly taking in the beautiful sight before he throws on a t-shirt.

I pry my eyes off of him and walk into the open bathroom, I pull my hair up into a messy bun. I grab my lotion and rub it into my face.

I sigh and turn around, Austin stands there, he leans against the open door watching me, his eyes meet mine and I go stiff.

He licks his lips and then I realize how close we are, he leans in and I want to smash my face onto his so fucking bad.

"Your food in on the counter"

And with those words he leaves, I frown wishing he hadn't, wishing he had kissed me or grabbed me pulling me into his embrace for a warm hug

I think of Allen who instantly brings a smile to my face, I pull out my phone and call him.

I hold it up to my ear as I walk onto the small balcony.

"Hey baby"

"Hey, babe," I say back smiling as I look down at the busy streets.

"How was the trip?"

"Tiring, I just called to let you know I'm here, and that I landed"

He chuckles "Okay baby, I'm super tired, I can call you in the morning?" He offers

I find myself frowning, but remind myself that he is tired and it's okay.

"Yeah sounds good,"

"I love you," he says

"I love you too"

No you don't, you only see him as a friend, you only love him as a friend.

I throw my phone onto the bed and don't see Austin anywhere, I go over to the counter to see a cheeseburger with fires and cookies and cream milkshake.

He remembered.

I slip the straw into the shake and take a sip, I moan at how good it tastes,

"Hey Veronica"

I turn around to see Matthew.

I grin at him, I haven't been able to talk to him so I place my drink down and wrap my arms around him.

He hugs me back like he has been waiting forever to do so.

"Did they tell you?" He asks while pulling back looking up at me.

"I figured out myself," I say and give him a smile.

"You're my aunt, it was so hard for me to believe until Austin explained everything," he says stealing one of my fees.

"I will be in your life Matt, you're the only true family I have left"

"You have my dad, but I guess he is not really..."

"Considered my brother? Not after this, he isn't" I say tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Do you think I could be apart of the Silvering Gang?" He asks looking up at me, I stare at him not knowing how to answer.