Roses

Ethan

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

My heart is dead,

I'm such a fool.

Why did I fall for you?

I gave it all for you.

The calming voices of Juice Wrld and Brendan Urie blasted in my ears as I stood awkwardly in the doorway.

I looked down at the flowers in my hands, wondering why I was still here.

All this was my fault... But,  wait...  Why did I even care?

I was about to walk away when I heard the bed creak,  and Evelyn exhale deeply.

I turned around,  concern pumping through my veins.

"Evelyn,  are you ok?  Oh my gosh... " I said.

Her eyes fluttered open,  and she said,  "Why... Do you care?  Go.  Just... Go... "

Barely had I opened my mouth to speak when the realization hit me.  What was I doing?

I nodded,  placing the irises on the bedside table,  waving half heartedly.

"Cool,  cool.  Ok then.  Bye,  I guess.  Your dad'll probably ay the bill anyways. I don't know if he's coming though.  But who am I to care,  right?  See ya." I said,  shutting the door behind me.

I sighed,  walking down the halls.  It hurt so much doing this,  but I had to.

It was time to say goodbye.  For good this time.

And all I could do,  as I walked the snow covered streets of Manhattan,  was keep praying for something.

Something peaceful.

Something magical.

Something like a miracle.

Something that could save a wreck like me.

Something like Evelyn.