With Pleasure

Ethan

"You probably think I'm a sappy wuss now, huh?" I Said, trying to lighten the mood.

She shook her head slowly. "I just can't believe..."

She looked at me. "Why does she act like nothing happened between you? I mean, it's like she's falling for you all over again."

I sighed. "It's 'cause she thinks it's nothing. That it doesn't matter. Gone with the wind, you know? I try to do the same, but it's hard when your first love turns into a heartless snob before your eyes."

It hurt. It really did. I couldn't meet Evelyn's eyes at the time and kind myself looking at cans of Spam and Heinz mayonnaise.

I felt her take my hand in hers and rub circles in my palm. It felt good, in a comforting kind of way.

"I'm sorry, Ethan. No one deserves that. You don't deserve that..."  she said, almost a whisper.

She looked up at me, into my eyes, into my heart which was permanently broken into a million pieces. I could hear my heart palpitating in my chest. "Ethan," she said, almost inaudibly, "I-"

Suddenly, the door flung open, and she let go of my palms.

Everyone's beady eyes were on us, and I tried my best to look calm. Like I hadn't spilled my secrets to someone I just met.

"Well, well, well...how'd it go, you two?" Sapphire asked, eyeing Evelyn. She looked both disgusted and disgusting.

Sapphire placed her hand on my shoulder, earning a cold glare from Evelyn.

"So, Ethan, I was wondering if-"

She was cut off by a hard slap on the left cheek. We all looked at Evelyn, some rooting her on,

"How the hell can you touch him like that?" She asked. "Don't you have any shame?"

Sapphire placed a manicured hand over her now-red cheek and glared at Evelyn.

"Uh, Evie? What's wrong?" Ashton said, holding her hand.

She shook him off. "Let me at this chick."

Sapphire rolled her eyes. "I expected this from you, homelessness still runs in your veins. Maybe that's why you're so uncouth. I won't blame your Ill manners."

Ashton stepped forward. "Don't talk to my girlfriend like that, Sapphire. I don't even know why you have to bring that up."

She rolled her eyes.

Yeah, keep rolling your eyes. Maybe you'll find a brain back there.

"Get out of my freaking house!" Sapphire screamed.

Ashton snorted. "With pleasure."

And we left as quick as we came.